Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The problem with this board. Please read, thank you kindly. ^_^

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well hop to it karl! Lets get it going.

I just did! Be the first to give your opinion! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Ok, good! Will you let me pick the next one? :D:D Pretty please.

Ok, good! Will you let me pick the next one? :D:D Pretty please.

Certainly! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh, will you two just get a room?!

Dudess wrote:
    Oh, will you two just get a room?!

Come on, that's hardly very constructive, we're trying to revitalise the music board here, it's extremely relevant so perhaps you could either help out with something interesting, or leave the sillyness for another thread.

Plus you've crap taste in music! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

*me hangs head in shame on both counts* :o

Carry on...

Well, it's been a bit since I started this thread. Has anyone felt any increase of more interesting posts yet, or what? I think there's been a bit of an improvement alright.

I think there has been a positive development. Give it more time and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Metro, do your cross-pollination thing soon, eh?
    The original one's kind of dying...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I also approve of this cross-pollination thing - hear, hear etc...

• Advertisement

Metro, do your cross-pollination thing soon, eh?
    The original one's kind of dying...

Sure. I was just waiting for Karl to pass on the hat. I'll do it when I get back - going away for the weekend.

Sure. I was just waiting for Karl to pass on the hat. I'll do it when I get back - going away for the weekend.

Oh sorry... Here's the hat:

natural-blue-fox-russian-trooper-001.jpg

Actually Scouser Tommy if you guys are anxious to move along do you want to do the next one and then when I get back I'll do one?

Em, yeah, if it's okay with Karl/Basquille etc then yeah, I'm happy to do one next...

Go for it!

OK, a question first though, would it be better for me to pick a band that represent the core of a genre; that typify it, or a band on the edge of a genre(s); a little more 'out there', not so much under the banner of one style?
    Just wondering which would be better, with a view to cross-pollination and all that!
    I'll have one up by tomorrow evening in any case.

OK, a question first though, would it be better for me to pick a band that represent the core of a genre; that typify it, or a band on the edge of a genre(s); a little more 'out there', not so much under the banner of one style?
    Just wondering which would be better, with a view to cross-pollination and all that!
    I'll have one up by tomorrow evening in any case.

Whatever you think man. It's about getting views from people who are into other genres you know? Just make sure it's a good band, ok? ;)

I'm bumping this thread because there's still work to be done. This board can still be saved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I ended up posting about this in the music reviews forum a few days ago here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I only saw this thread now, I agree with the main points being made.

I've been modding jazz/blues for a while now, and have noticed a decrease in interest over the last while. It used to be a busy-ish <well busy for j/b> forum, with only a handful of irregular posters.

Also I'm not sure why, but even when I first joined boards, the music forum was one I'd never really visit despite my keen interest in music in general. I think the forum needs a lot more debate and arguments/ controversial threads, as well as common discussion. It would make the forum more lively and encourage users to come back and see if their last comment has been agreed on/ argued against etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement