Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what mobo will ye be getting for the conroe?

Options
  • 08-08-2006 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what mobos will the future Conroe owners be getting. I've narrowed down my list to either the Asus P5W DH Deluxe or Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6.
    But i have been reading some mixed opinions of the Asus mobo, the P5W is specified as supporting Conroe, but buyers are having to flash their mobo with newer bios, using a Celly or Pentium. If they can't flash the bios themselves, Asus will send out a new bios chip for $5 (at least in the US). Seems to me like a bit of dreadful PR by Asus.. having to pay extra on top of a very expensive board, just to get it to support Conroe!!
    Haven't read as many reviews for the DQ6 yet, but i heard it supports a higher FSB allowing some pretty high overclocks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

See sig. Now where's my conroe :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

Asus P5W DH Deluxe to what ive seen is the best mobo out atm yes you do need to update the bios but thats piss easy ... done it on mine already :D ... got loads of extras too

pog... you still not get your conroe????? id tought your were one of the luckly few that got it in july.... mine was shiped on friday from ocuk.... expecting it tomorrow :D

:rolleyes: Will know more in morn when i get my emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

pog live in rocesscommen so it must take the post man a few days to find your house :D

:rolleyes: Hehe, i agree, must be something like that. Not from ros originally. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

Asus P5W DH Deluxe to what ive seen is the best mobo out atm yes you do need to update the bios but thats piss easy ... done it on mine already :D ... got loads of extras too

pog... you still not get your conroe????? id tought your were one of the luckly few that got it in july.... mine was shiped on friday from ocuk.... expecting it tomorrow :D

Hi RazielDoomgate,
    quick question about the ASUS MP3-In feature, does that require the speakers to be connected to the onboard sound or does it work with a separate sound-card, also what is the on-board sound like, never been a big fan of on-board sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I've a feeling the deliverys from the UK today will severly disrupted. As far as I can tell, my mobo, the Asus P5W DH Deluxe, and 7900GT are still in the UK. It's probably going to be next weekend before my conroe sees any action, as I'll be stuck in dublin all week.

My conroe was shipped yest. Hopefully have it 2morro :D

Well, mine hasn't moved in awhile. Where does the tracking say it is? From looking around Parcelforces international hub is in coventry, and I think they use the airport beside them. It's less than 30 miles from Birmingham, but hopefully it is not affected.

Just checked parcelforce. Only accepted by parcelpost 2day at half 1. no other entries................still at stoke depot, dont look like i'll get it 2morro after all. waitin on raptors as well. they should be here this eve.
    was hopin to have weekend workin on rig, but it dont look like it now. :mad:

• Advertisement

Yup, OCUK are cnuts. They told me it would ship tuesday. They told me it did that evening, but from Parcelforce only picked it up yesterday. I really must never ever deal with them again. A day and half to pick and pack an order is excessive, I don't care what their staff levels are, proper managment wold over come that.

parcel force all ways do that or its ocuk it.

parcel force all ways do that or its ocuk .

nuttz wrote:
    Hi RazielDoomgate,
    quick question about the ASUS MP3-In feature, does that require the speakers to be connected to the onboard sound or does it work with a separate sound-card, also what is the on-board sound like, never been a big fan of on-board sound.

em to be honist i dont real know .. i still havent got my pc finished conroe still in post somewhere :( all it is is a line in socket realy and with the mobo being able to preform some tasks without the pc being on... i presome that when your sound card is installed and overrides the onboard it should work fine... as for me i have no use for this i just use a aux cable that connects to my ipod dock/headphone slot that goes into my sound system.. you do get a lot of back panels with the mobo though so you do have a choice to what to put in.. eg 2 extra usb slots

hope that helps..

conroe where art thoe.. where art thoe

conroe where art thoe.. where art thoe

We're all in the same boat m8 :D Mines just left Stoke this eve. Not a hope of gettin ere now for weekend.

ah then again we might :D when i first orderd all my things.. mobo graphics etc it took 3 working days for it to get here 5 days in total.. i orderd it on a wednesday night and got it the next monday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Has anyone recieved their Conroe from Komplett yet...?

I actually have the hard drive, dvd burner, psu, and memory ordered, it should be here tomorrow, but i have to wait for damn credit card to clear, so i can go buying stuff again (damn student card). Pity that Komplett don't stock asus or gigabyte boards...

..edit, just checked Komplett again, they expect to have stock of Gigabyte DQ6 on Aug 1st, pity we are on day 10 now

ah then again we might :D when i first orderd all my things.. mobo graphics etc it took 3 working days for it to get here 5 days in total.. i orderd it on a wednesday night and got it the next monday...

I've given up hope. Not at international hub yet....aaaaaagh.
    Ordered a soundcard before from ocuk on a fri & had it lunch on mon, so maybe there is hope. Got mobo in 3 days. Fingers crossed.

Edit: Update
    10-08-2006 20:42 International Hub Arrived at outward Office of Exchange
    Like watchin a grand prix race.

RazielDoomgate, where's your mobo?

god its just a cpu lol

awhir wrote:
    god its just a cpu lol

Its like xmas eve to a 5yo :D

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Its like xmas eve to a 5yo :D

its more than that i want to see when santa only gives you coal tomorrow hahahaha (im santa doh !!!!!!!!dam must of lost your address whats it again):D

awhir wrote:
    its more than that i want to see when santa only gives you coal tomorrow hahahaha (im santa doh !!!!!!!!dam must of lost your address whats it again):D

Bin a good boy tho..............really :D

ok then i will be nice and give you the box but not 100% shure if the chip willl be in it :D

I see an offer is going on overclockers.co.uk with the Abit AB9 pro going for 165 euro and a connect 3d x1900 xt for 305 euro. The whole lot delivered is 507 euro.. what do ye think .. good or bad deal? personally i think that is a very good price for the x1900xt..

I see an offer is going on overclockers.co.uk with the Abit AB9 pro going for 165 euro and a connect 3d x1900 xt for 305 euro. The whole lot delivered is 507 euro.. what do ye think .. good or bad deal? personally i think that is a very good price for the x1900xt..

Is that the 512mb? v good if it is. how's the reviews on the abit mobo? haven't read much about them.

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Is that the 512mb? v good if it is. how's the reviews on the abit mobo? haven't read much about them.

Yep its the 512 meg version,
    The reviews i have read of the Abit seem to be all good, and say that it is a good overclocker, only downside is that it doesn't support crossfire, which is fine as one 300+ euro gfx card is enough for me..
    I think i will order this soon, all i will have left to get is the cpu it self, and an ol case to put all the components into (hopefully will be picking one up for free...)

11-08-2006 06:39 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Out for delivery
    Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You bastards, i'm jealous :)

I'm still trying to make my mind up about which motherboard to get. Will be getting an E6600 and 2gigs of DDR2, keeping my PCI-E 6800GT for now.

Still @ international hub......fcuk it. :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement