Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange looking tattoo

Options
  • 08-08-2006 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭

saw a guy with a celtic cross the other day but the tattooo was actualy raised from the skin .it looked very odd and sore looking .
    is this a new way of doing body art or mabye a way of the skin reacting,?
    it eas over his heart , chest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

either could be freshly done or just done badly so its raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sounds more like a branding or one of those other "alternative" styles of tattooing (Which sound gruesome!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 13_adi_13

dave101 wrote:
    saw a guy with a celtic cross the other day but the tattooo was actualy raised from the skin .it looked very odd and sore looking .
    is this a new way of doing body art or mabye a way of the skin reacting,?
    it eas over his heart , chest

Patric (works in both Cr & Bodyshock) does branding, Think glen (adonis) may do too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Karona_Marona

I saw a girl who tattoo was so badly done you could see the bumps of ink under the skin and when one touched it, it felt disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Yucky yuck yuck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Grim_Reaper

Didn't think you could get bumps of ink under the skin... the only way that could happen was if it was solid .. you dont pump the ink in, it just leaks in as the needle pierces the skin does it not?.. or does it? I'd say it was probably raised because the person's skin healed that way with thicker scar tissue or else the tattooist put the needle in too deep, creating a thicker layer of scar tissue. I've seen a fwe that you can actually feel as if it was moulded onto the skin.

(I haven't a clue but that's what i'd imagine... anyone who knows please correct me!heh.. sorry if its completely wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

You also get a raised area if you are putting colour on colour for example flames where you may have an orange or red on yellow.

Or it could just be down to how the person heals, perhaps they scar easily. A tattoo is a wound after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

knipex wrote:
    You also get a raised area if you are putting colour on colour for example flames where you may have an orange or red on yellow.

No you don't you get raised areas by going too depp and the tattoo scarring over due to that not due to layer the colours

Advertisement