Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great CTYI Nostalgia Archive

• 08-08-2006 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Many have tried and many have failed, but i haven't, so this is me failing. Right, so what you have to do is ignore this. However, if you dont ignore it, then what you're supposed to do is

1) Say if you're writing a tradition or a memory
    2) Give the year and Sesh, and the class if it needs it
    3) Say what it is (duh)

I'll start, because i said so

Tradition
    Sess. 2, '05

Stealing spoons from the cafeteria and wrapping them around our wrists like bracelets, with the word 'CTYI' engraved into it (optional). It originated with Larry (snaps for Larry, apparently). Those who chose soup spoons instead of normal spoons were supposed to have a more outgoing personality.

Ta-daa. It's just that easy!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Memory (person)

2000, session 1.

One word: Megadeth.

King among men

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

The spoons came back again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Kitsune

Jack Lynch wrote:
    Tradition
    Sess. 2, '05

Stealing spoons from the cafeteria and wrapping them around our wrists like bracelets, with the word 'CTYI' engraved into it (optional). It originated with Larry (snaps for Larry, apparently). Those who chose soup spoons instead of normal spoons were supposed to have a more outgoing personality.

Happened back in sess 2 '04 as well, except with forks instead of spoons. Less successful were the prototype spoon rings(too like knuckle dusters), knife earrings(painful), and a tiara made from knives and forks(very impractical). I can't remember if we ever managed to assemble fork-glasses properly but there was idea for those too (looked kinda like Geordie from Star Trek :P) *sniff* Good times...
    Anyway,

Memory - Session 2 '04 - Japanese

Tentacle rape...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

The spoons came back again?

I don't think they ever really died, except for my first year when I was told by a ctyier that under no circumstances were the spoonies to be brought back, that they had had their day and sad immitations were not appriciated. It was quite an introduction. I found my ctyi spoon yesterday not engraved though.

Hmm tradition.

International History 2001 Sesh 1

Ka-Boom!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

'twas just plain ol' boom, none of your fancy ka- s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

sess 2 06
    Game Theory
    tradition

mixing the painful death of AIDS riddin baby seals into the conversation with supprising ease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Hmm, hardly a tradition, more an injoke that ran for the three weeks of the session in just one class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

seal.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

A little free time and Photoshop is a dangerous thing... Or even MS Paint! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

I think twas Larry who started the whole spoon thing in '04 too. To the best of my memory anyway. And I've vague recollections of spoons my first year, but they were lil plastic ones as opposed to cafiteria type...

Hey guys, remember the common rooms?! Goodtimes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

spoons have been sadly going on for years

and people wonder why we get bad press coverage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nollafyzzil

spoon thing was back again in full swing session one this year, we even had R.A.s at it :]

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Memory
    Sess. 2, '05 - International History

Solving World War 2 by giving Australia to the Jews. I was part of the British delegation. Little did the other contries know that we planned to use the Jews to create an army to invade Manchuria! Mwahahah!

Memory
    Sess. 2, '05 - International History

Dressing up for projects; the Pope involved stolen sheets, Jack Lynch had one hell of a bowtie and the less said about the KGB, the better.

Woo! The spoons made a comeback. They'll be up there with Sportalians in CTYI lore yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

SEssion 2, 06
    memory

The peoples republic of treacle mine road. of which i was John Keel. we had exactly 42 members.

"All the Little Angels rise up, rise up,
    See the Little Angels rise up high.
    How do they rise up, rise up, rise up,
    How do they rise up? rise up high.
    They rise arms up, arms up, arms up,
    See the Little Angels rise up high."

Advertisement