Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salmon fishing ?????

Options
  • 08-08-2006 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hey,

I've got two weeks of holidays coming up and I want to spend at least some of it fishing.

Does anybody know anywhere where it's worth fishing for salmon at the moment ? Most rivers seem to be so low now that it's not even worth the trip.

Failing that, does anybody have any recommendations for river trout fishing ? I live near Mullingar but will drive almost anywhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Everywhere is low right now

Why dont ya try lough owel or ennel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vibez

What type of fishing are you doin?

if its on the fly i know there has been some quality salmon caught in the ramparts in navan town stretch of the boyne that runs along by spicers bakery. Also great river for trout and sea trout!

You will need a day pass you can get them in anglersworld just beside the nissan garage.

Best of luck if you go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Redjeep,

Get yourself to The Moy if you want salmon fishing.
    I spent 3 days there last week and landed 11 salmon up to 6 1/2 lb. (I returned most of them).

Ballina ares is fishing best at the moment although fishing is quite restricted there.
    Plenty of day-ticket waters around Foxford (all legal methods allowed)

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Thanks everybody.

I was looking at the Moy as a possible option. It seems to be fisshing well, and the recent rain must have helped.

Where's the best place to go and where do I get the ticket from ?

I may try up in Navan if I get a chance as well.

Thanks again everybody, I'm also set now...just two more days in work !

Andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Redjeep! wrote:
    Thanks everybody.

I was looking at the Moy as a possible option. It seems to be fisshing well, and the recent rain must have helped.

Where's the best place to go and where do I get the ticket from ?

Go to Tiernan Bros. tackle shop, main street Foxford.
    They open at 8 every day. They sell tickets for most stretches of the Moy in that area and will give you good advice on where to go and what to use.
    Average day ticket will cost approx. €35 euro, depending on which beat you choose.

Tight Lines! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Thanks. Will do.

Advertisement