Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website trouble

Options
  • 08-08-2006 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I cant log onto my admin in my website or log into my website at all from my browser or from my favourites but i can do it from someone elses pc no problem.I have only got my host last friday for this and everything was working fine till later that evening when it cant connect anymore.

My host contacted me after i sent off a mail to them and said everything was alright at there end as i originally thought that there servers went down.

Im baffled,he was baffled,ran few a couple of steps like clearing cookies and history and temp internet files.Still no good.

I have Norton internet security 2006 edition and that created the usual steps for new programs etc etc.That was when i originally connected for the first time to the website.It was 4 hours later when it went down so i am ruling out a possibillity that its Norton blocking.

I also included my website in the adds list of pop ups and privacy in the tools section but still no use.

Need help here as im stuck.any thoughts
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

could it be you are blockin the port in which it is access from? ie my port for my hosting is 2082

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

could it be you are blockin the port in which it is access from? ie my port for my hosting is 2082

How could i find what port i am using?Would i locate that somewhere in Internet explorer?
    It was working fine and then stopped,i am using FTP to transfere up onto site.

What hosting are you using?

freehost.ie, m8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭wandererz

I wouldn't rule anything out with Norton.
    Norton has a facility to protect private data such as names, credit card numbers, passwords etc. This "protection" can be enabled for email, http etc.

Are you sure that your login details are not protected by this feature?

• Advertisement

Yep,tried turning off Norton and logging onto my site,no joy still

whats the login link?

whats your domain name... i think the port is 19638 just need to check... Norton could be blocking that port....

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You can edit a post by clicking on the Edit button.
    Postcount++

• Advertisement

pm sent

No m8 still no joy.

what error comes up?

The page not found error as if nothing is there

Have you tried it with firefox and ie?I was having the same problem at work because the port was blocked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

What files did you upload? i.e. file names/types??

Have not try to upload any files as of yet,I need this for uploading weather data onto my site if it had ever worked for me but nowt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

This exact same thing happened me this week. Scanned for viruses and spyware then rebooted and i was back in action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

What;s the link to your admin page? AT least we will see if we can get to that page (obviously we won't be able to login)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Maybe this is an obvious question, but have you tried contacting your hosting provider?

Snowbie wrote:

My host contacted me after i sent off a mail to them and said everything was alright at there end as i originally thought that there servers went down.

Blacknight ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Blacknight ^^
    I meant actually talking him through his issues, not confirming that their server(s) work.

blacknight wrote:
    I meant actually talking him through his issues, not confirming that their server(s) work.

They aint all as kind, caring, and co-operative as you blacknight.

gimmie free hosting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I would like to state my dismay against Norton Internet Security, from past experiences.

1) Norton Internet Security (NIS) blocks the portsb 2082/2095 by default.
    2) Giving your case where you said it screwed itself up again after four hours. You can turn off NIS for a max. of 4hours
    3) NIS is a b*tch to uninstall and so, even upon uninstallation, several start-ups are required to prove taht it worked.
    4) ...just uninstall it! No Guarantee's, but it worked for my cPanel on Bluehost and InMotionHosting.

It helped for me, hope it helps for you...!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

did you try accessing the server via dos?

open dos
    at the prompt type 'ftp' and enter

you should get an ftp prompt

>ftp
    ftp> open hostname/ip portnumber

at this stage you should be prompted for a username

User: enter username
    press enter

Password: enter password
    press enter

Advertisement