Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good home for comic collection

Options
  • 08-08-2006 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Howya! My parents have finally gotten around to turning my old bedroom into a guestroom whuich means that my collection of 2000AD comics is soon going to be homeless.

They are pretty complete and run from Summer 1992 til about 1997 and also include the Judge Dredd Megazine and Best of 2000 AD. They are all mostly in good nick.

There is one thing - they are in my parents house in Clonmel so if anyone is interested they would have to collect them - I'm not going through the bother of delivering them as it's quitye bulky.

So if anyone is interested in saving this collection from the recycling bin let me know and we can arrange something. Otherise, if you've any idea what to do with a couple of hundred old comics let me know - they were a teenage hobby and it would be a shame to just dump them. Oh, I tried selling on ebay and much to my surprise noone was interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Back issues of 2000AD never sell there isn't much of a market for them. Still you might someone who wants them. Especially if you can give them some idea of what stories are included.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Hey there,

I'd love to take these off your hands but I am away in New York for the next week and a half (leaving tomorrow :) ). If you can hang on until then (I'm home on the 21st August, I can collect them from wherever as I am a nationwide courier.

Let me know asap if you can as I may not have great net access while I'm away. Drop me a pm or reply here, whatever you like. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭dave101

i got a ton of comics also and ya couldnt give them away ive no 1 eagle comic and all.
    im in the same bout the missus wants space.
    and the comics need rid of .
    hope they go to a collector mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

This is turning good for DoctorEdgeWild. Send me a pm dude, I'll arrange to collect them from ya when I get back from the States. They will definitely be going to a good home! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Shutuplaura

What stories? Can't really remember to be honest, started collecting during an Judge Dredd epic called Judgement Day but nothing notable sticks out now - and they seemed so important at the time! I do have all of the issues of Firekind which was later turned into a graphic novel - and was probably my favourite story at the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement