Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Filters

• 08-08-2006 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Do you have to have a DSL filter at every phone connection in your house?
    I got 3 filters with the package when I got Broadband first , one for the intenet connection and 2 for the other 2 phone connections in my house.
    My father made a new connection but I have no filter to put on that.
    He was also choppin and changin the existing phone line

We've been getting really bad service in the last 2 days (Service disconnects when someone makes a phonecall to us , timing out etc) Im wondering could this be becasuse one of the connections does'nt have a filter. If this is true where could I get a new DSL filter?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you need a filter on any phone socket that has an appliance connected to it, so phones/DECT phones/sky boxes/dial up modems/anything.

it is possible that this is what is causing your problems

you can get filters in any highstree pc store, like maplins or peats.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Seeker wrote:
    Do you have to have a DSL filter at every phone connection in your house?
    I got 3 filters with the package when I got Broadband first , one for the intenet connection and 2 for the other 2 phone connections in my house.
    My father made a new connection but I have no filter to put on that.
    He was also choppin and changin the existing phone line

We've been getting really bad service in the last 2 days (Service disconnects when someone makes a phonecall to us , timing out etc) Im wondering could this be becasuse one of the connections does'nt have a filter. If this is true where could I get a new DSL filter?

It could also be that he made a mess of the connecton? You could disconnect one of the phones and use that filter to see if it makes any difference?

Advertisement