Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Miscommunication

• 08-08-2006 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Over the past couple of hours everything I've said to a friend has been misunderstood, misconstrued and completely taken out of context. There's been a total lack of clear communication from them and no matter what I say it's just getting worse. I guess what I want to know is when do you stop trying and when do you just cut your losses? Is it really so easy to lose a friend these days?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I can't really say when it's time to cut your losses and just move on as I don't have much information on the situation. It would depend on how bad it is and whether you are all willing to try and sort it all out. I really would need to know more about the situation to give you a better answer. If you want to PM me I'll answer better if I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Im in exactly the same situation at the moment. problem with a friend, but she just doesnt understand the problem at all, which is nearly a bigger issue than the actual problem.

For me, its been 10 years of friendship, & its not something im willing to just drop. Its been a bit dodgy for a while, but i still couldnt ever just give up & let go.

I guess it depends how much this persons friendship means to you?
    Would you miss them if they werent around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Over the past couple of hours everything I've said to a friend has been misunderstood, misconstrued and completely taken out of context. There's been a total lack of clear communication from them and no matter what I say it's just getting worse. I guess what I want to know is when do you stop trying and when do you just cut your losses? Is it really so easy to lose a friend these days?

Without knownjng details its hard to advise.
    there is a saying though "when in a hole, stop digging"
    perhaps its best to walk away for now and to give things time to settle, clear your thoughts and perhaps come back to it at a later time, even wtriting a letter?
    or putting your thougts down on paper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I agree with Mark....nothing better than some time apart to give your friend a chance to realise the situation ye're in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,496 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sleep on it. Most things look better in the morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement