Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sites for nice female running gear

Options
  • 08-08-2006 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    could someone please recommend a few sites that have some nice running gear? I've tried a few but there isn't a hugh amount of choice out there and it'd be nice to see something in another colour than black or navy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I got a few nice tops from Brooks and a light jacket from New Balance. It really depends on the size you're looking for etc.

Postage can be a bit pricey though.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Hi guys,
    could someone please recommend a few sites that have some nice running gear? I've tried a few but there isn't a hugh amount of choice out there and it'd be nice to see something in another colour than black or navy.

startfitness.co.uk, check out their ebay shop too.
    sweatshop.co.uk.
    girlsruntoo.co.uk

check out runnersworld.co.uk and look at the shopping partner links.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

http://www.johnbuckleysports.com/

Theres some nice stuff on there. Delivery is €5

There's very little available on the John Buckley site. Particularly as far as colours go.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

StaggerLee wrote:
    http://www.johnbuckleysports.com/

Theres some nice stuff on there. Delivery is €5
    Its last years range of clothing complete crap!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Decathlon do a range of their own brand gear that's very good, not sure about ordering from their site http://www.decathlon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

thanks guys thats great.

Have to agree with the previous posters, I look up John Buckley and thought it was awful...

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Apologies... didn't realise style was the priority :rolleyes:

Well, to be fair the original post makes it fairly clear what HardyEustace is looking for. Perhaps pay more attention in future?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

StaggerLee,
    sorry didn't mean to sound ungrateful when you took the time to reply to my question on the forum. Much appreciated!

It might sound a bit funny but style actually is one of my priorities. As part of the mental preperation I'm learning to coach myself that running is a treat rather than a chore. I enjoy clothes and fashion and thus I do want to have "nice stuff" to wear when I run so I enjoy the pre-race/training dressing-up bit.

It probably sounds a bit bonkers :D but it works for me. Its kind of a look-good/feel-good mental message for myself as I'm running. thanks again for replying and sorry if I sounded a bit short with my last message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

Try http://www.runrepublic.ie

Regards

XDA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭daymobrew

IMO Nike often has stylish stuff, though the technical quality of their gear is a priority.
    You can browse the the Womens' Running section on the NikeTown online store to see if there is anything you like. In Ireland we get an annoyingly small subset of what the US get so don't get your hopes up if you see something you like online.
    The ground floor of Champion Sports on Grafton St is all Nike. It's the best place to bike Nike stuff.

I find that JJB Sports (Blanch, Liffey Valley and Tallaght) have a surprising range of technical gear from Adidas, Umbro and others. You might find something good there.

Advertisement