Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banning

Options
  • 08-08-2006 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

I would like to know why I'm still banned from AH. since I've got over the very stupid thread closing issue:rolleyes: .....
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I've got over the very stupid thread closing issue
    Clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

mysterious wrote:
    I would like to know why I'm still banned from AH. since I've got over the very stupid thread closing issue:rolleyes: .....
    Have you pm'd the mod who banned you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Yes. But why am I still banned, I guess it's past a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

mysterious wrote:

have you pm'd me?

and whats this week thing? are you demanding that you be let back in or something?

i think youre still banned because the mod feels you add nothing to any of the threads you contribute to and you constantly hijack threads to complain about the injustice of your treatment here.

quite why you are still here is beyod me, as it seems that every time you post its like pushing smoldering coals up your backside. or maybe you like that kind of thing. who am i to jusdge what blows peoples skirts up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

mysterious wrote:

Well either it's been a week or it hasn't..

If it hasn't then you're not likely to be unbanned until your time is up.

If it has been past a week then why not wait for the mod to reply instead of going for a feedback record. AH is a busy forum and a bit of patience will go a long way.

• Advertisement

All I'm asking is when it's up, since a normal ban is a week, WWM your being paronoid. You think I'm out to annoy you.. I'm not even going to react to the rest of it, frankly. As I said I've gotten over it, You obviously haven't.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

There is no such thing as a "normal ban",its at the discretion of the Mod.

mysterious wrote:
    All I'm asking is when it's up, since a normal ban is a week,
    Well don't you think it might be better to directly ask the person that banned you? Do you really think anybody else here knows or cares how long you were banned for?

Well don't you think it might be better to directly ask the person that banned you? Do you really think anybody else here knows or cares how long you were banned for?

It doesn't matter, What do you suggest me to say to WWM. This feedback thread, it has a role.

If WWM unbanns me it would be great.

mysterious wrote:
    It doesn't matter, What do you suggest me to say to WWM. This feedback thread, it has a role.

If WWM unbanns me it would be great.

i thought you said you already contacted me through pm?

you havent.

as for a week being a 'normal' ban, i have no idea where you get that from. if i banned you and said give me a shout in a week, why havent you given me a shout.

if i pmd you to say you were banned, and didnt give you a return date, then you can probably bet that i dont have one in mind, and since you have decided to start your third thread on here about being banned form AH, im not likely to unban you from the AH forum
    mysterious wrote:
    All I'm asking is when it's up, since a normal ban is a week, WWM your being paronoid.

am i? in what way?

mysterious wrote:
    You think I'm out to annoy you..

do i? i thought i said you annoy me, but not that much.

mysterious wrote:
    I'm not even going to react to the rest of it, frankly. As I said I've gotten over it,

read: i am not going to reposnd to it becuase i dont have an answer

mysterious wrote:
    As I said I've gotten over it, You obviously haven't.

hey, good for you. and yes, i cry into my mug of hot chocolate nightly becuase i feel that i am unloved by you.

but hey, keep posting up in AH if you want to. personally i think AH is better off without you since the only contributions i have seen has been some half arsed attempt in english about something that should blatently be in another forum and then several whinging posts complaining that i closed your threads down.

i fail to see what you are going to bring to the forum if its just whinging. i mean, you can do that here surely?

• Advertisement

oh, and just for the record, i think youre a troll, and im not going to let you back into the Ah forum.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

mysterious wrote:
    since a normal ban is a week.

I don't know where you are getting your info, but a ban of a week is a guideline amount of time only.
    It can vary from forum to forum and also will change depending on what the ban was for in the first place. Some bans are never lifted for example, some can be for a month or six.

oh, and just for the record, i think youre a troll, and im not going to let you back into the Ah forum.

Trolling would be reacting to you;) But as I said I just asked the question, I stood up to you.. that's trolling oh I see. Your pathetic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

mysterious wrote:
    Your pathetic.

That would be trolling, not to mention terribly bad English.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

mysterious wrote:
    Trolling would be reacting to you;) But as I said I just asked the question, I stood up to you.. that's trolling oh I see. Your pathetic.

Ah, the lone hero going up against the tyranny of the corrupt and evil moderators. Please contact me regarding the film rights to this intriguing tale.

I'm thinking of casting Adam Sandler as yourself. Or somebody else than can do stupid well on screen.

i thought you said you already contacted me through pm?

you havent.

as for a week being a 'normal' ban, i have no idea where you get that from. if i banned you and said give me a shout in a week, why havent you given me a shout.

if i pmd you to say you were banned, and didnt give you a return date, then you can probably bet that i dont have one in mind, and since you have decided to start your third thread on here about being banned form AH, im not likely to unban you from the AH forum

am i? in what way?

do i? i thought i said you annoy me, but not that much.

read: i am not going to reposnd to it becuase i dont have an answer

hey, good for you. and yes, i cry into my mug of hot chocolate nightly becuase i feel that i am unloved by you.

but hey, keep posting up in AH if you want to. personally i think AH is better off without you since the only contributions i have seen has been some half arsed attempt in english about something that should blatently be in another forum and then several whinging posts complaining that i closed your threads down.

i fail to see what you are going to bring the forum if its just whinging. i mean, you can do that here surely?

Buhoo! I just appeared on AH to whinge and complain at you. I'm so sorry that I posted in the wrong forum, I must do that to annoy you.

That's why I call it pathetic.

WWM seriously I don't have a problem, It's all in the past. I guess it's you that's dragging it up all the time.

I didn't want to drag it to over PM etc. As you put it (couldn't be arsed to quote for the time of day) If you take it directly to me etc. "I will still tell you stfu" I got the message so I didn't need to ask you, so I just wanted to third party info on Feedback, that's final.

So go and cry in your Mug of hot chocolate.:D

So, eventually I got an answer from WWM. I've a total ban from AH. That would be, along the lines of disscrimination, wouldn't it. I think that's a bit harsh. I'll have to deal with that.. Gone to take the shock of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

mysterious wrote:
    I guess it's you that's dragging it up all the time.

Didn't you create this thread?:confused: Seriously, I've no idea what happened or why you were banned, but I'd ban you if I could!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mysterious wrote:
    That would be, along the lines of disscrimination, wouldn't it.
    On what grounds?

seamus wrote:
    On what grounds?

What do you think, If everyones entitled to go on AH, then why should one in particular get a pernament ban, I didn't create a thread to talk about nonsense, I wanted to know my ban, now I do. simple as that.

seamus wrote:
    On what grounds?

What do you think, If everyones entitled to go on AH, then why should one in particular get a pernament ban, I didn't create a thread to talk about nonsense, I wanted to know as from a week later, when my ban is up. now I'm aware of it. I didn't bring up the past, WWM did. I'm not picking a fight either. WWM can do it that all by himself. simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I'm sorry, didn't you bring up the past in your first post by alluding to the thread closing incident?

Also there is proceedure to being unbanned, the first step of which is PMing the mod who banned you. You skipped this step and went straight for the Feedback thread. This is hardly the way to go about getting unbanned.

Being polite might, but at this stage I think it would be too little, too late judging by WWM's post.

mysterious wrote:
    So go and cry in your Mug of hot chocolate.:D

you make me cry.
    my hot chocolate makes me smile.

i guess i will have to settle for a frown. kinda in between. but life goes on.

since we have cleared this all up, i guess we can all move on with our lives.
    have a very nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

This is a long drawn out piece of string.

Someone get the scissors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I feel better now that we've gotten this out of the way.

you make me cry.
    my hot chocolate makes me smile.

i guess i will have to settle for a frown. kinda in between. but life goes on.

since we have cleared this all up, i guess we can all move on with our lives.
    have a very nice day.

It also makes you fat:D .... Your right life goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

mysterious wrote:
    So, eventually I got an answer from WWM. I've a total ban from AH. That would be, along the lines of disscrimination, wouldn't it. I think that's a bit harsh. I'll have to deal with that.. Gone to take the shock of it.

If by disscrimination you mean discriminating the stupid from the not quite so stupid then by jingo, I think it is. Not harsh, just the ways things are here in the democratic, 1st ammendent friendly, United States of Boards.ie.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

amp wrote:
    If by disscrimination you mean discriminating the stupid from the not quite so stupid then by jingo, I think it is. Not harsh, just the ways things are here in the democratic, 1st ammendent friendly, United States of Boards.ie.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Whatever dude. Whether I appear stupid or not. I think it was stupid that I fought ignorance.:rolleyes: Now since it's a joke, I'll join in. I've a pernament ban on my belt that litterly happened cus I wasn't taking WWM crap.

Ignore list is a great invention btw.:)

Thank you Mr. President. We have to fight against terror not with it. lol

What exactly was WWM ignorant of? I suspect the only ignorance here is your's, to the word's actual meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mysterious wrote:
    What do you think, If everyones entitled to go on AH, then why should one in particular get a pernament ban, I didn't create a thread to talk about nonsense, I wanted to know as from a week later, when my ban is up. now I'm aware of it. I didn't bring up the past, WWM did. I'm not picking a fight either. WWM can do it that all by himself. simple as that.
    Discrimination is only wrong when it's based on prejudice. Other times it can be perfectly logical and correct.

Imposing something on an individual because of the acts of that individual is not discrimination based on prejudice. Otherwise every scumbag in the 'Joy could claim the same thing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement