Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic SP Demo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

ouch! 1.5gig, downloading now.

Been looking forward to this for a while, hope it doesnt disappoint.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ooh, really want to try this. looks very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

*changes pamts*

I've been very interested in this for a while. must download.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Try Eurogamer for the download, usually pretty fast.
    Demo is mega short tho... it ends when the big guy walks out the bottom of the cave. And since thats the end, thats not a spoiler.. !

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Very very short demo, only lasted about 10 minutes, but I enjoyed it.

Very different from what I was expecting, the whole game feels very new, nothing like it really, looking forward to the full game played through the demo twice because it was damn fun (but short).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Is this gonna be out on steam at some stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Hmm. It certainly has potential. Kicking people off cliffs or into spikes is worryingly satisfying. :) I'm looking forward to the full release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I agree kicking off the cliff edges does give one a strange sense of satisfaction,
    i enjoyed the demo, and will definately pick this up when it comes out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/808101043/m/7691028074

Link on how to hack the demo.

Lets you see all of the locked spells in the demo and lets you spawn in NPCs to fight that are not in the demo.

Worth a look after you beat the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I must say, although that was insanely short (for 1.5gig!!!) I found that to be extremely enjoyable. Colour me very impressed.

The immersion is great. At first I found the movement and perspective to be odd but once I got used to it I really felt like I was in the world.

-Favourite moment-

I was fighting an orc. After some sword dueling I saw that he was reeling with wounds, so rather than charge in with swords again, I just picked up a barrell and smashed it over his head. Great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Any wor don when this is released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Anyone who wanted to throw this onto a dvd for me would get large amounts of good karma...and a blank dvd in return!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Gave it a twirl last week and was very impressed with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

Ubisoft got onto us about sponsoring a bunch of copies of the full game for our Lan. They'll be given away as prizes at our october Event :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I absolutely love the way you can look down and fully see your feet and body and arms. Its cool when your climbing chains and stuff. I was never one to be that bothered by the whole "floating head" tendancy in games, but I gotta say, having a proper body really does add to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

short enough demo, but its a pretty cool game :D

Advertisement