Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange wireless happenings

• 08-08-2006 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭

I'm away from my home set up and I was driving around the town I'm in looking for an open unsecured connection. I found a few different ones. There was a computer to computer network that connected, but the pages in firefox etc wouldn't work, I was connected but I don't think I was on the internet? Then there was an eircom connection which brought me to a page that I could buy time from, everything else, msn etc wouldn't work. Then there was another one which it connects to fine, it's just not the best connection.

There's another eircom one that connects ok, the wireless icon has the usual connected appearance and the 2 little computers icon with the blue flashing screen with the white "connecting" screen comes on and then goes (I think I have it to hide when inactive in the taskbar) this is what happens when I usually connect to my set up, however, with this eircom one, it doesn't take me to the buy time page, it wont take me to any page, even though there is a signal etc, it won't load anything, it says its unsecured and everything else seems ok. It just wont do anything when I load firefox etc.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Not going to provide help for you to use unsecure networks that don't belong to you or are not made available to public.

If you're trying to access a Eircom hotspot and are having problems, look on Eircom's support page.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement