Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Hybrids

Options
  • 08-08-2006 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

If you could breed 2 games together,what would they be and what would the title be.

I mean choose two of your favourite (or most hated) games and blend them together to achieve the best game ever.

poorExample

Pro evo and GTA= Grand Thieft Soccer.......Wouldn't it be cool to bash peoples faces in with style?
    Why not give them a whallop with a football:eek: Oh the joy....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Hello Kitty Roller Rescue and Syndicate Wars. I bet the little bint would scream something lovely while running around on fire...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Mix that Hello Kitty game with C&C... fly my pretties FLY!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tiger Woods crossed with Doom, "why no Cyberdemon, I don't think you can make that drive from here, why not try a 9 iron instead?".
    Or maybe Mario 64 crossed with Half Life 2, "It'sa Me Freemana!".

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pro Evo and an MMORPG. A consistant world in which you play as a footballer - one footballer. You must join up with others to form teams to take part in leagues and cups and can move up the ranks, joining better clubs on the way. Your nationality would also play a role, earning you call ups to the country in which you are playing from.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Pokemon + Manhunt = Stress Toy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Hentai + Metroid

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

tman wrote:
    Hentai + Metroid

Good lord please no.

Animal Crossing + GTA. Stamp on my flowers? Steal my turnips? I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

bad example : F.e.a.r. + nintendogs....slow motion Labrador

possibly good : System Shock 2 + Half life 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Burnout & gran tourismo/need for speed

pure arcade racing with really cool crashes mixed with real fully customizable cars

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Command and Conquer and Animal Crossing,
    Why visit neighbours towns when you can blow 7 colours of crap out of them, steal there wallpaper designs and raid their branch of Tom Nooks! Then raise your flag above them on your path to world domination.

Interstate 76 and Full Auto, I Need A Proper Interstate sequel NOW! And not that Vigilante8 crap on the old consoles either, ah yes, chasing after the flaming school bus as the driver screams "The Children Are Burning", you can't buy memories like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Just two?
    How about a Spore, HL2, GTA, Rollercoaster Tycoon and Jedi Knight game? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

BopNiblets wrote:
    Just two?
    How about a Spore, HL2, GTA, Rollercoaster Tycoon and Jedi Knight game? :p

My god! It'd be beautiful! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Resident Evil + Theme Hospital, I can picture the back of the box blurb

Run your own biological weapons reasearch labratory/mansion!
    Discover bioweapons of biblical proportions before your rivals!
    Sell them to third world dictatorships!
    Manage zombie infestations and virus outbreaks!
    Stop those pesky S.T.A.R.S. team members from infiltrating your base!
    Bribe government officials!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

{/snip}

Eh, Evil Genius?

How bout Planetside + Tiger Woods? There'd be golf balls flying everywhere constantly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    chasing after the flaming school bus as the driver screams "The Children Are Burning", you can't buy memories like that!

:D

The memories come flooding back. But it was actually "Oh god the children! The children are burning!"

Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

tman wrote:
    Hentai + Metroid
    Hentai isn't a game... and I hope to hell you meant "Samus Aran" instead of Metroids...

Hmm... Pokemon + Halo -- Pikachus as Grunts, Mewtwos as Elites & Snorlax for Brutes! :D Still leaves positions for Jackals, Hunters, Drones & Flood though... any takers? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

A Ninja Gaiden RPG set in an open-ended world would be unbelievably brilliant. Can't think of any, but are there rpgs where you can be a ninja?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Hentai isn't a game... and I hope to hell you meant "Samus Aran" instead of Metroids...
    I was thinking more of genres, and metroid is almost one to itself...
    do a quick google image search for samus with safe image search turned off and you'll see what prompted that thought:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Mine would be an FPS with an MMO . Battlefield 2 + City of Villains

Which is kinda already happening. Huxley.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

tman wrote:
    do a quick google image search for samus with safe image search turned off and you'll see what prompted that thought:p

i strangely enough just did...and was very disapointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    i strangely enough just did...and was very disapointed.
    I was overjoyed that no artists seem to have seen fit for us to see Samus' beautiful body in the nude :p
    SSBB Samus in the Zero suit is sexy enough for me, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

KOTOR and EvE post Cali patch.

If that happened it would be the greatest game in the history of games in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Homeworld with [insert mmo game here] = EVE! (GREAT GAME!!)

but i think Strip Poker 2004 + Dead or Alive 4 (-the guy characters) !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Lula3D and Resident Evil. Always wondered what zombies going at it would look like. Rigamortis FTW!

Advertisement