Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Comeback with authorised garage?

Options
  • 08-08-2006 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have been having a problem with my car that my mechanic could not fix. He advised me to go to a FIAT garage who could diagnose this. I have had 2 different jobs done, approx €500 spent and still the car is not fixed. They suggested another thing to try (part cost €200 excluding labour). After been told that the last job of €400 would "likely solve the problem" I am more than a little p*ssed off. Do I have any comeback and would it be worthwhile to complain to FIAT Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You haven't given us much info to work off but I can only presume that you sanctioned the work and were aware of the potential cost.
    It does sound unfair and the legal forum may be better help though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I agree with kbannon.

Provide some more detail and we may be able to offer some more advice. By detail I mean make, model, year, fault symptoms, repairs to date, etc. The more info the better the advice..................

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If you've taken it to somewhere else the garage you bought it from may argue they caused the damage or contributed to it.

You should have gone straight back to the garage in the 1st place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

maryse wrote:
    I have been having a problem with my car that my mechanic could not fix. He advised me to go to a FIAT garage who could diagnose this. I have had 2 different jobs done, approx €500 spent and still the car is not fixed. They suggested another thing to try (part cost €200 excluding labour). After been told that the last job of €400 would "likely solve the problem" I am more than a little p*ssed off. Do I have any comeback and would it be worthwhile to complain to FIAT Ireland?

I'd be peed off too. I'd complain them to Fiar Irl anyway.

now the next question for you and them, if you wish to go that route is, What if the extre $200 does NOT fix the problem.
    if they cannot agree to fix it for $200, irrespective of what it takes, it might be time to demand a refund ont eh previous work and take your chances elsewhere, or call in Fiat Irl to deal with them.

the way your currently going you coudl rebuild the whole car and not have it fixed. What's wrong with it anyway?.

Advertisement