Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In case of failure...

Options
  • 08-08-2006 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭

I know some people would say to see how the results turn out, but I'd like to know what I'm doing in each eventuality. If I don't get the points I need, what options are there other than repeating? I mean, would it be possible to apply to colleges in Britain? Any other possibilities?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

You could go with whatever course you're offered (if you want it), apply with the same points next year, apply to the UK or elsewhere, get a job, do a PLC course, apprenticeship, diploma course, escape to the bahamas and become a margherita vendor (aka gap year)... the world's your oyster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

If ye dont get your points you've a few options:

do a PLC

Do a diff course

Do other courses u can get into that'll give ye the job ye want

dont go t college

wait til ur 21 and go as a Mature student

Dig some Gold

g'luck

Wha DO ye wana do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

If I dont get what i need I will kill myself...only jokin

All I need is 150 to get like my last choice on level 7 and all of my choises lead to the same job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

all of my choises lead to the same job.
    Whats that then? toilet scrubber?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

abetarrush wrote:
    If ye dont get your points you've a few options:

do a PLC

Do a diff course

Do other courses u can get into that'll give ye the job ye want

dont go t college

wait til ur 21 and go as a Mature student

Dig some Gold

g'luck

Wha DO ye wana do?

Ultimately, I'd like to become a journalist (or writer, but that's a stretch).

As far as college courses go, anything along the lines of English, History or Politics etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement