Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Product Recommendations.

• 09-08-2006 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭

Here's a thread where you can recommend personal care/grooming products, would be nice to sticky if it gets enough replies...

Product name: King of Shaves alphagel Asc^2 shaving gel.

Found where:
    Boots

Price:
    normally around €6.50 mark, at the moment in boots dundrum it's €4.33

User comments:
    this stuff is absolutely brilliant, unlike foam you can see where you are shaving so you can avoid blemishes like spots etc. It also gives a great shave while helping to soothe redness and razor burn. Whilst using foam my neck would be like a strawberry after shaving, now it's virtually "red" free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

The only way to shave is with a brush and a tub of shave cream. I use a tub of shave cream from the body shop, that lasts so long I can't actually remember how much it costs, and a badger hair shaving brush. Shave this way and you will never go back to applying foam or gel with your fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Suggestion, keeps posts the same as Cremo, it'll keep this on topic and make it much easier to read.

Product name: Palmolive Classic Shave cream

Found where:
    Larger Boots or Dunnes Stores

Price:
    Roughly 5 Euro

User comments:
    Forget you super duper modern gels, foams, creams and oils apply this stuff with a badger brush (Spend money on the brush and it'll last years)

Other than that I use clinique, you can pick it up from Debenhams, Arnotts or BT, it's a bit pricier than the other brands but worth the cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

gillo wrote:
    Suggestion, keeps posts the same as Cremo, it'll keep this on topic and make it much easier to read.

Product name: Palmolive Classic Shave cream

Found where:
    Larger Boots or Dunnes Stores

Price:
    Roughly 5 Euro

User comments:
    Forget you super duper modern gels, foams, creams and oils apply this stuff with a badger brush (Spend money on the brush and it'll last years)

Other than that I use clinique, you can pick it up from Debenhams, Arnotts or BT, it's a bit pricier than the other brands but worth the cash.
    Product name: Tesco Shave Foam

Found where: Tesco

Price: Abt 2 euro

User comments: Does exactly what it says on the tin

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

Product name: Body Shop Shave Foam

Found where: The Body Shop

Price: I forget. €6-7

User comments: The only way to shave is with a brush and a tub of shave cream. This stuff is quite good and it smells nice. I seriously recommend any man to give it a go.

I second that Clinique stuff is very good if you're willing to fork for it and it has the added quality of being odour free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Jebus folks, anything but shaving products out there:o

Product name: Rock Salt (Different brands, same thing)

Found where:
    Health Shops, maybe other places too.

Price: about €4

User comments: This stuff is great, it was suggested to me by a friend who does his research into things. Click here for more info. It doesn't stop you sweating, but that's a good thing, you're supposed to sweat. It just neautralises odours and it does a great job. I was in a situation where I had to wear the same t-shirt for about 6 days in a row and I was working and sweating each of them days, I showered every morning and applied this and on the 6th day the shirt didn't smell of body odour at all wearing this stuff:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Product name: Braun Sonic Care Toothbrush

Found where:
    Argos / Boots

Price: 150 - 200

User comments: Expensive, but by far the best toothbrush I have tried, leaves you feeling like you just left the dentist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭bragan

Product Name: Virgin Vie skin products - specifically calming wash/ toner/ Moisturiser
    Found where: At Virgin Vie party's, or directly from the Virgin Vie website
    Price: You get all three for around €50 - 60. (can't remember excatly)
    User Comment: This stuff is great. I was suffering from one or two of those horrible big spots a week. It was really annoyong. This stuff has really cleared up my skin, but its also really gentle, and doesn't damage sensitive skin.

Product Name: Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream
    Found where: Brown Thomas
    Price: around €20-25 (can't remember excatly)
    User Comment:soothes minor skin irritations and calm chapping, mosturises throughly, peeling and flaking skin. helps heal sunburn, scrapes, minor burns
    Its is called eight hour because of the claim's that the product heal's in eight hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JuiceC

Product name: men-u shaving cream

Found where: www.4Men.ie (irish website with free delivery)

Price: €20

User comments: Really worth the money coz it lasts me nearly 6 months - all men-u products are in small bottles but last forever. I'm now using the face wash (with tea tree oil) and the moisturiser (coz that's a balm and a moist. in one) too.

Advertisement