Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS messenger query

• 09-08-2006 12:41am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there any way to set up messenger so that when you log on to outlook express it connects but makes you look like your away or busy?

Its annoying because my PC is a family one and whenever anyone else connects to check family email, my own messenger connects and my mates start conversations with my dad/mum/sister/dog/etc.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What version of Windows are you using? Does everyone in the family have their own profiles, or do you all share the one?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Windows XP SP2.0

Latest version of messenger.

we all use one profile, had problems with more than one profile so i deleted the rest.

all i want is that when i go into outlook express, that messenger doesnt go signing in automatically. I would uninstall it but if i work from home, i actually use it to talk with my colleagues.

Im a developer using microsoft technologies and funnily enough cant figure this one out!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

There is an option in the settings for messenger for "sign in automatically when connected to the internet". Does that help/not work here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

So you all share the same account? can you not use your own?
    Someone might be able to say for sure i can remember if im right here
    but if you used your own account and one for the others and enabled fasr user switching you might be better off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Disable automatic login.

Best to create separate profiles, TBH. What "problems" were you encountering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

You can set it to log you in as "Offline". That way no one could see your online and thus not contact you.

Advertisement