Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening Restaurant

Options
  • 09-08-2006 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Can some1 please give the steps to do in opening up a restaurant. Just want to get an overview on the subject and want to make sure I have most of the important points covered. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

planning permission is your main nemesis, leases are the next,then unfair/exorbitant serrvice charges then to openeing marketing and staff are huge problems and finally vat and vat accounting. that basiacally sums it up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Step 1. Business Plan
    Step 2. Raise Finances Required and Bank Account.
    Step 3. Select location.
    Step 4. Select suitable premises.
    Step 5. Apply for relevant licesnses and health and safety certs.
    Step 6. Fit out restaurant. Kitchen & Reception and dining area, toilets, storage faciliates.
    Step 7. Decide on menu and services.
    Step 8. Employ staff
    Step 9. Source Suppliers
    Step 10. Source book keeper, accountant and solicitor.
    Step 11. Open shop for business.
    Step 12. Regsiter for tax (IT, VAT, PAYE)

Should be in the right order but not neccessarily.

Good luck with the idea and business.

What type of restaurant are you thinking of opening.

I think you get out Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsey. I like his management style, but sligtly over the top though. He's has loads of good tips, that are basicly common sense at the end of the day.

Advertisement