Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cleaning converse shoes

• 09-08-2006 8:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

can anyone tell me the best way to clean converse runners? i have a white pair at the mo and they're filthy but i'm afraid to put them in the washing machine because it made bits of the last pair

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

i hand wash my sisters for her.
    i use vanish (you could use washin powder or fairy liquid or shampoo but on whites try somethin that wont leave a nasty stain), let it sit on it for a few minute, for whites id leave it longer and scrub with either an old tooth brush or a sponge.

oh and with whites remember they can turn yelow if you dry them in direct sunlight, because the glue bondin the shoe is yellow underneath.

it does the trick and they do be always sparkling.

best of luck

you don't clean converse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Well don't put them in the washing machine anyway! I tried that before because my jeans stained them really badly in the rain, and the colour REALLY faded.
    And I have to agree with Deleted User, Converse trainers tend to look better scruffy and unclean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

normally when sticking footwear in the wash you wouldn't put anything else in, unless of course you've got a industrial sized washing machine

they tend to look better worn in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭deise gal

put them in at a 30degree wash !! or get a nail brush n washing powder n scrub till u sweat !!! lol lol lol :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Barcode

makeup remover wipes are good for the front part, so i guess ordinary make up remover and a nail brush would do for the material

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Don't wash your converse!! There supposed to look grubby. The worst thing is sparkling converse, it looks dumb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Keep 'em dirty...adds character to the shoew IMO :)

Advertisement