Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women and boobjobs explain why?

• 09-08-2006 8:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi ladies,

A mate of mines girlfriend who is stunning looking is getting a boob job and his head is wrecked because he cant understand why? she says it will make her feel more confident? But how? is it because more men will be looking at her chest? Can any women comment on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Is she young? Perhaps shes interested in going down the glamour modelling road and wants to improve her chances. Maybe she got slagged as a kid for having small boobies and is determined to wipe the smiles off all those fcukers faces. Maybe she just loves boobies.

By the way Pigheads not a chick but I decided to reply anyway. Fcuk the rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Hi ladies,

A mate of mines girlfriend who is stunning looking is getting a boob job and his head is wrecked because he cant understand why? she says it will make her feel more confident? But how? is it because more men will be looking at her chest? Can any women comment on this?

Why do people go to the gym, or eat well, or do anything that will change there physical appearance?? She is simply not happy with herself and doing this will make her so.

If you have a lingering doubt about some aspect of your appearance it will play on your mind a lot.....and while ya might be in a relationship that is very steady, you can still feel unattractive at times.

Tell "your mate" that this is about her, not him. I imagine he is thinking that she just want attention from it etc....he needs to grow up a tad....she is doing this to feel better about something that is bothering her. Body Dysmorphia is as irrational as most other fears or mental issues, it's got nothing to do with HIM if thats what he is worried about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

if i had the money i would do it too, but to get them a bit smaller. It is all to do with your appearance and how it makes you feel.
    Like Dragan said, if it makes her feel happy then whats the problem, it could be the one thing she hates about herself, and now she can change it...nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Pighead wrote:
    By the way Pigheads not a chick but I decided to reply anyway. Fcuk the rules.
    OMG, a reply in the first person. There world's ending people!

I don't understand women wanting breast implants either. They never look as natural, do they? Though I suppose, if it was as easy to get a penis enlargement as it is to get a breast enlargement, men would probably think along the same lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved. Quite sure this is the place for the topic.*sleeps*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I don't understand women wanting breast implants either. They never look as natural, do they?

I have been with a few ladies who have had such surgeries done....can't say i minded....obviously you can get to a size that is just silly....but i wouldn't have been with them if that were the case.

I can't say i minded to be honest!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 teagan

It's all about confidence and nothing to do with having other men looking at her. She obviously hates her breasts for whatever reason of her own and if this makes her happy well then I can't see why you have a problem with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I don't understand women wanting breast implants either. They never look as natural, do they?

Don't know if you saw the Observer mag at the weekend - it had a picture of Victoria Beckham in profile - I mean she's all of 7-and-a-half stone or something, with those ENORMOUS melons glued onto her chest. She looks fookin' ridiculous with them. There was a medic's comment underneath the pic suggesting that at that weight she probably wouldn't be menstruating and in all liklihood all she'd have would be nipples at that tiny weight, no boobs at all. Her health will suffer because of her weight, her body is eating itself. Fookin' twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

Being unhappy with ones physical appearance is just a symptom of low self confidence. Changing one aspect of ones appearance will not solve the self confidence issue long term. One needs to learn to be happy with their body as it is to be truely confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 oshi

Cardinal wrote:
    Being unhappy with ones physical appearance is just a symptom of low self confidence. Changing one aspect of ones appearance will not solve the self confidence issue long term. One needs to learn to be happy with their body as it is to be truely confident.

I agree with totally, his girlfriend obviously has deeper issues that wont be resolved by getting bigger boobs, she probably thinks that the boob job will change her life but after a while she'll probably want a nose job or face lift or botox or foot job or whatever else. this is all anxiety created by tv, magazines and society. maybe her boyfriend should reasure her that she looks good already, and doesnt need a boob job or anything else for that matter, he should encourage her to find true confidence and self awareness, rather than go for some quick fix.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

oshi wrote:
    I agree with totally, his girlfriend obviously has deeper issues that wont be resolved by getting bigger boobs, she probably thinks that the boob job will change her life but after a while she'll probably want a nose job or face lift or botox or foot job or whatever else. this is all anxiety created by tv, magazines and society. maybe her boyfriend should reasure her that she looks good already, and doesnt need a boob job or anything else for that matter, he should encourage her to find true confidence and self awareness, rather than go for some quick fix.
    Whats wrong with wanting to look nice with a boobjob? My gf got one, and she loves showing it off. Although she does want to get at least 1 more. I suppose its alright as long as she dosent get addicted. Im happy as long as shes happy so if it makes her happy Ill support her. Of course I always reassure her that she dosent need it, and its true that she dosent, but as long as she dosent become addicted its fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

But what I don't get about boob jobs is that all the people who know the girl aren't going to think "wow, her cleavage is fabulous" - they're just going to think "she got a boob job". Everyone's going to know they're fake, basically.

BrightEyes wrote:
    Whats wrong with wanting to look nice with a boobjob? My gf got one, and she loves showing it off. Although she does want to get at least 1 more. I suppose its alright as long as she dosent get addicted. Im happy as long as shes happy so if it makes her happy Ill support her. Of course I always reassure her that she dosent need it, and its true that she dosent, but as long as she dosent become addicted its fine

I guess Im just against the fact that women feel that they have to resolve to shoving pieces of silicone inside their bodies, for fear of having less than"perfect"(whatever that may be)bodies.:(

makes me sad:(

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

I just think the boob job is not solving the actual problem, just a symptom of the problem. I think I would find a woman who had a boob job less attractive, definately if her boobs were obviously fake, but also even if they appeared completely natural. It'd be the lack of confidence that required her to have the boob job that'd put me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

As a woman with relatively small boobs I find it really odd that women get their breasts enlarged.They never look real, rarely look good (Victoria Beckham, Jordan, Gwen Stefani etc etc) and I've never looked at another woman and thought "wow I'd love breasts like hers":confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

kizzyr wrote:
    and I've never looked at another woman and thought "wow I'd love breasts like hers":confused:
    Pighead has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Ye gawds people, small breasts are youthful and attractive, medium breasts are perfect in shape, size, and heft, and large breasts are BIG BOOBIES!1! Stop surgically implanting bits of gellified sand! Do hit the gym however.
    Pighead wrote:
    Pighead has.
    <squinty eyes> Is that teh ghey I smell floating around?</squinty eyes>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Hi ladies,

Well as it's been said before it's all to do with her confidence. She obviously is self-contious and wants to look better. I don't mind if people diet or exersise to change their ways but I hate the fact that they would actually go so far as surgery. You should diffinately tell your mate to tell her that she's beautiful the way she is but if she has her mind set, tell him to go with it. If it's what she really wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

For some women it is a big deal. For others not so much. I suppose it depends on what you've been blessed with naturally.
    Originally posted by Femmy:
    if i had the money i would do it too, but to get them a bit smaller. It is all to do with your appearance and how it makes you feel.
    Like Dragan said, if it makes her feel happy then whats the problem, it could be the one thing she hates about herself, and now she can change it...nothing wrong with that.

femmy, I know a lady who had breast reduction surgery.
    Her doctor and insurance company (I'm in America) both insisted she lose 40 pounds first to see if that would help. It didn't, so they agreed to allow her to have it done. It was quite painful - especially the recovery process - but the health benefits for her were amazing. No more back pain from ligging the girls around!

L4L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Hi ladies,

he must be a closet gayer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Grem

Some girls find it difficult to find clothes to fit them and may choose to augment their boobs to solve that.

Example: a girl that is a size 14 on bottom and a size 10 on top might find it difficult to find a nice dress to fit her. She will need a size 14 to fit her bottom half but then the size 14 will be swimming on her top half if she has a small chest.

I have a friend that is a size 10 in general but she has quite a large chest so most tops that would fit her body are way too tight on her boobs and vice versa. There are certain kinds of tops that she just cannot wear. Full stop.

Perhaps thats why so many women do it.
    I personally never would but thats because im relatively happy with my boobs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

I can understand people wanting one allright. Im a small size but because my boobs are so small it makes be look bottom heavy - my hips are bigger than my boobs so Im tiny on top and it makes my thighs and @ss look bigger- v frustrating. Loosing weight would not help me at all there as it just comes straight off my top half making the problem worse. I couldnt face surgey though the thoughts of fake boobs freaks me out. Instead I just wear padded bras. There are also som egreat bras outthere with clear back and shoulder straps so I can wear halter neck tops now without looking ridiculous. As for being naked - If all the guy cares about is your boob size when your in bed - he is not worth being around!
    The likes of Victoria Beckham and Cheryl tweedy look ridiculous with spherical fake boobs stuck on a tiny frame. What really annoys me is that Nicole Richie gets called anorexic constantly when lets face it Victoria B, Jordan and the rest are just as thin but have disguised it by filling up their top half with giant mammaries!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

I think people should just leave their bodys alone and stop poking at them with knives. Sort the mental problem not the body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I think people should just leave their bodys alone and stop poking at them with knives. Sort the mental problem not the body.

What if you were born with 12 penny sized moles on your face?
    What if you have one boob substantially bigger than the other?
    What if you got facial scars from acne or over-exposure to the sun?
    What if your ass was the size of a small country and you had no boobs?
    What if you had a third leg?

People want to feel attractive, some things make some people feel attractive that others would find repulsive.

Do you believe that by changing certain personal features can make one feel more attractive and 'like' their body more?
    Not necessarily yourself, but 'others'.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Though I suppose, if it was as easy to get a penis enlargement as it is to get a breast enlargement, men would probably think along the same lines.
    Not. In. A. Million. Years.

Let someone near me lad with a scalpel? I'm shrivelling at the very thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

I have a friend who was in a tractor fire as a small child and has scars all over his face. He was using a new cream on them for a while but it was making them dissapear so he stopped using it, he said after 20 years of having them they were a part of him. People should be more like him and be proud of whatever way they turned out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 murrayeel

women want boobjobs because to them it adds glamour. Men first look at the face then on the chest...:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Laura Fitz06

hi i had one last year best thing i ever did. im with my other half since we were kids and he said no way he thought it was for other men too but it was not it was for me . i think everyone should have the option free of charge .it only takes 45 mins sore for about 3 weeks but its worth it . you get paper stitches and a boob tube to were for a month . now i must say the extra attention is nice but he is still my number one.

Ah now, it's a step too far saying you should get them for free! :D

I prefer the natural look myself anyhoo, but fair play to you anyway. Any chance we can all have a squeez ;)

• Advertisement

chump wrote:
    What if you were born with 12 penny sized moles on your face?
    What if you have one boob substantially bigger than the other?
    What if you got facial scars from acne or over-exposure to the sun?
    What if your ass was the size of a small country and you had no boobs?
    What if you had a third leg?

People want to feel attractive, some things make some people feel attractive that others would find repulsive.

Do you believe that by changing certain personal features can make one feel more attractive and 'like' their body more?
    Not necessarily yourself, but 'others'.

all these things that you list as reasons for having cosmetic surgery are unbelievebly superficial! I mean if everyone that has scars from acne or hiperpigmintation or whatever else, should have surgery to fix it, your talkin' half of the bloody world. And actually all women have one boob slightly bigger than another......I mean kill me now if thats what the world is like! I personally don't know anybody who would focus on petty stuff like that. It is attitudes like that that fuel this madness.
    How about not treating people so objectivly!!!............that might be an attractive trait?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

oshi wrote:
    all these things that you list as reasons for having cosmetic surgery are unbelievebly superficial! I mean if everyone that has scars from acne or hiperpigmintation or whatever else, should have surgery to fix it, your talkin' half of the bloody world. And actually all women have one boob slightly bigger than another......I mean kill me now if thats what the world is like! I personally don't know anybody who would focus on petty stuff like that. It is attitudes like that that fuel this madness.
    How about not treating people so objectivly!!!............that might be an attractive trait?

say that to a young person concerning suicide over a facial deformity...
    or a person who cant go out with making children cry because of massive burn scaring to the face...

and yes that is what the world is like...

easy know you have had a sheltered life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I have a friend who was in a tractor fire as a small child and has scars all over his face. He was using a new cream on them for a while but it was making them dissapear so he stopped using it, he said after 20 years of having them they were a part of him. People should be more like him and be proud of whatever way they turned out.

wow, how profound.

oshi wrote:

You see the word in bold there. Now look at what I wrote originally.

So you think that if I were to have excessive facial scaring due to acne, for example, and had the money to improve the scaring or even eradicate it, I would be foolish to do it?

And if I had a third leg that could be removed with ease and improve my mobility substantially, I should forego it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Laura Fitz06

chump u cheeky thing no probs ha ha

say that to a young person concerning suicide over a facial deformity...
    or a person who cant go out with making children cry because of massive burn scaring to the face...

and yes that is what the world is like...

easy know you have had a sheltered life

you are totally right, I realise I sounded a bit naive......I guess I just wish people didnt consider the exterior as the most important thing about people, I just feel like we are under constant pressure to conform to a particular ideal of perfection and beauty. I didnt mean to imply that there is no place for cosmetic surgery, obviously someone who needs reconstructive surgery should do it if they want, didnt mean to offend anyone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭MW

I really want to get a boob job. You genuinely don't know unless you are experiencing it. I'm not getting it done for extra attention from Men. I want to wear clothes without worrying about looking like an ironing board. I think if the option is there and you can afford it you should go for it. It may be superficial but you can go to the gym to lose weight etc but there's nought you can do about small boobs. Mine are out of proportion with my body and it depresses me so I'm saving the pennys.

Advertisement