Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Restaurant

• 09-08-2006 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend a nice restaurant in Cork please?

It's for my girlfriends birthday this weekend...

She loves organic food so an organic restaurant would be great... we were in Ottos restaurant before and it was delicious!!

Any recommendations appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Anyone ever been to Jacobs on the Mall?

http://www.jacobsonthemall.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Angels

I haven't been in Jacobs on the Mall, but i heard nothing but praise about it. Nice food, nice surroundings etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Angels wrote:
    I haven't been in Jacobs on the Mall, but i heard nothing but praise about it. Nice food, nice surroundings etc.
    It's good but not great. Most bigwigs I know like Lovetts which is a bit out of the city centre:
    http://www.ireland-guide.com/establishment/lovetts_restaurant_and_brasserie.4197.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Angels wrote:

Ok - thanks for that - Im only living down here a while so havent been to many places...

Was in Luigi Malones and Ecos before and they were nice enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Angels

A few other restaurants i like in Cork are: East Village Restaurant Douglas (Very nice & Romantic), Gambenis off Paul st, Eastern THandoori across from Opera House (nice food), these are the restaurants i would most go to in Cork City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭marcphisto

It really depends on your price range but I can heartily recommend Jacobs on the Mall, Isaacs and Greenes.

I have eaten in all three a good few times and have yet to be disappointed.

Don't be tempted by spending money in Jacques, it's been trading on its reputation and is not all it's cracked up to be.

These are all slightly formal dining, if you fancy something a bit more relaxed (and a bit lighter on the pocket) there's always Milano's on Oliver Plunkett Street, Wagamama on North Main Street or CafeBarDeli on Academy Street.
    My girlfriend reckons that a place call Casa Nova is the dogs but she's not sure where it is, i think that it's around North Main Street somewhere!

I personally don't like Luigi Malones, but that could just be me :cool:

You could also try the Ivory Tower, just off Oliver Plunkett Street. I've never eaten there myself but people I know that have rave about the place, and it would be about as organic as you can get!

Advertisement