Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eL points deduction + Dub City matches problem

• 09-08-2006 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭

Rumours of Derry City being deducted three pints for playting a suspended player and Shamrock Rovers being deducted six for the same offence.

Dublin City's results to go back in to the league table with, I assume, the rest of their matches being given as walkovers.

Can anyone add to this???? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Rumours of Derry City being deducted three pints for playting a suspended player and Shamrock Rovers being deducted six for the same offence.

Well pats were fined 3 points a game for feilding an unregested player so I imagine Derry and Rovers will not have much to stnad on unless they can prove it wasnt clear what games they were supended for
    Dublin City's results to go bacvk in to the league table with, I assume, the rest of their matches being given as walkovers.

That doesnt seem to make any sence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Well, precedent was indeed set with St. Pat's all them years ago, but honestly, I'd rather Derry City weren't docked points at this stage. They are two points behind Shels with a game in hand. It's a very interesting run-in, especially with Shels and Cork City playing this friday.

If a team were to win the league by less than three points from Derry in second, then that league win would be tainted. I wonder did Derry win the game the allegedly suspended player was involved in. This could also have repercussions in the Setanta Cup qualification. Messy again by the FAI.

In relation to the CHF points refund, well I can see no way in which it would work. Maybe if they re-instated the points and goals etc from the first round of matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

If Derry were to win the league through having an illegal player playing for them, then the title would be tainted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Zebra3 wrote:
    If Derry were to win the league through having an illegal player playing for them, then the title would be tainted.

And if Shels get their points tru the high court (again) would that also be tainted?

Derry and Shels want the points they won off Dub City back, so off to the high court...nah nah nah nah nah high court high court.
    The EL dont want to give back points as its UEFA precedent to expunge all results, UEFA when asked by the EL offered expunging as the advice.

Derry and Rovers may have fielded suspended players (i heard its the ELs fault as its the Dub City players, oh the fax wasnt working that day so the new clubs werent notified.....LOL)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Zebra3 wrote:
    Dublin City's results to go back in to the league table with, I assume, the rest of their matches being given as walkovers.

Right decision. Why should clubs get absolutely no points out of fielding a team for a match they won? Those matches against Home Farm would have cost money, caused injuries, suspensions etc. , it isn't the ideal solution to keep the points intact and give walkover points but it's certainly the fairest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

KdjaC wrote:
    Derry and Rovers may have fielded suspended players (i heard its the ELs fault as its the Dub City players, oh the fax wasnt working that day so the new clubs werent notified.....LOL)

According to the paper (soo all lies) the players didnt get payslips because th eclub folded and they normally get notice in their payslips of bans.

For some reason when I read that I got a mental image of the Chelsea dressing room after training on Friday with Jose handing out payslips and Shevchenko ripping his open to see what he got.:D

Right decision. Why should clubs get absolutely no points out of fielding a team for a match they won? Those matches against Home Farm would have cost money, caused injuries, suspensions etc. , it isn't the ideal solution to keep the points intact and give walkover points but it's certainly the fairest.

Fair? So the teams who didnt play them twice get 3 points? At the end of the season usually everyone plays the same amount of games, wont some teams have played more games than others?
    Really do wonder how Shels fans and fair work together, everyone losing points is how UEFA and FIFA decide that a club dying is fair for all. But guess thats not enough.
    For some reason when I read that I got a mental image of the Chelsea dressing room after training on Friday with Jose handing out payslips and Shevchenko ripping his open to see what he got

Heh "jose minus €50 for eh yellow card???? eh"

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

It is bull**** and im a supporter of one of the clubs apparently appealing. The only thing that should be done as is done in nearly every other league is remove all the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Maybe Roddy Collins was talking about the people who run the league rather than the teams in it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

I see the Derry match in question was against us, and that they might lose six. But what's the story on our points in that match, which they just shaved despite the infamous efforts of Alan Kelly?

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    And if Shels get their points tru the high court (again) would that also be tainted?
    Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Rovers' player in question is Paul Shiels, who was banned during his time at Dublin City. But if all Dublin City matches and results were ruled null and void, surely the same has to go for suspensions. Neither Rovers or the player were informed of the suspension.

Of course though that's far too logical for the poxy EL and no doubt Rovers will get done again, while the likes of Shelbourne bully their way to what they want.

and no doubt Rovers will get done again, while the likes of Shelbourne bully their way to what they want.
    What the jaysis are you talking about?

First up, what do you mean Rovers get done again. This should be good.

And secondly, Shelbourne are not the only club that are appealing the decision, so before you come on here talking about clubs bullying their way to what to what they want you need to get you're facts straight. Yes, Ollie is the one being quoted by the papers, but then, the papers always love a controversial figure.

You know I thought Bohemians fans were the bitterest in this league, people like you are changing my mind.

The eight point deduction last year that ensured we got relegated.

The continual anti-Rovers bias in the media (anyone see the Herald yesterday)?

The lack of any support from the FAI over the current fiasco that's preventing us from moving to Tallaght.

The eight point deduction last year that ensured we got relegated.
    What?

Are you saying the club should not have been deducted points last season? After all the financial irregularities? And don't spout the same old crap, it wasn't the club it was the BoD, or whatever. The people who run a club ARE the club. If they run it improperly, the club gets punished. End Of.

Should Juventus not have been relegated and had points deducted?

(Not that I'm comparing the likes of a LoI First Division outfit with one of the biggest clubs in Europe)

Oh, and by the way, nice one on ignoring the second part of my post.

No other club was singled out for independent audit, despite it being common knowledge that some were in a bad, if not worse state than Rovers. After the facts of the old corrupt board's dealings came to light, I accept that some kid of sanction had to take place, but add in the fact that we we're threatened with expulsion from the league entirely if we lodged any kind of appeal and it's just bull****.

I ignored the second part of your post (like you ignored the second and third part of mine) because if I were to express my opinion on Ollie Byrne and the way Shelbourne carry on under his leadership then it would most likely lead to bannings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The eircom League Management Committee at its meeting this afternoon (Aug 16th) considered the decision of the FAI Appeal Board in the appeal taken by Shelbourne FC in relation to the eircom League Board of Control’s decision of July 19th to expunge the results of Dublin City FC from the League record.

The Management Committee decided to accept the decision of the Appeal Board to uphold Shelbourne’s appeal. Following a lengthy debate, it decided to expunge the results of Dublin City FC from the League record.

So, what does this mean? Seems to contradict itself, does it?

It means High Court!!

And in the annals of EL history another * will be added to our champions or 2006.

kdjac

Advertisement