Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simon Dean Seems To Be Finished As A Wrestler

• 09-08-2006 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

From PWInsider:
    As we alluded to on today's Elite hotline, several changes in the front offices of World Wrestling Entertainment are scheduled to be announced soon. The word going around at the Smackdown/ECW taping is that Simon Dean (Michael Bucci) will be replacing Tommy Dreamer as the head of the developmental program and would be working directly under Executive Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis.

Bucci will be taking over all the developmental duties currently handled by Tommy Dreamer, who will be staying on to help transition Bucci into the role. The decision isn't really much of a surprise as Bucci worked under Jim Cornette in OVW for a number of years while coming up through the developmental program himself. It's expected his in-ring career, as it stands, will likely be over as a WWE performer. He will likely be moving from Kentucky to the Northeast to work out of WWE's Stamford, CT headquarters. Developmental talents are expected to be officially informed tomorrow.

Dreamer will remain on board full-time as a wrestler for the ECW brand. The feeling is that Dreamer's heart is in working as a wrestler and with him being on the road every week for the new version of Extreme Championship Wrestling, his time working in the offices was severely limited. By all accounts, there's no problems on Dreamer's end over his departure from the front office, possibly because he always preferred to wrestle and was where his goals truly were

Not really huge news, but I'm a little disappointed that WWE basically ruined Nova. I was hoping he might eventually get a run in ECW maybe, or even get a proper push on SD, because he's a brilliant wrestler when he's allowed go at it, which WWE obviously recognises if they're putting him in charge of all the developmental guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

It will probably work out for the best. I'd say he will be more clued in as to what to look for in a wrestler than Dreamer was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

The guy is 34. He has years of ring work left in him. I think its a damn shame that someone of his calibre is opting to take an office job as his main focus when he's an absolutley incredible worker but just never got a push or given a legit chance with the gimmick he had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Not a bad job all the same. I'd take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Ah now thats a damn shame. Im sure hes pretty happy about getting that position but I always enjoyed the man's work inside the ring and on the mic. Very entertaining, I'd almost go as far to say that he was one of the most entertaining guys on the SD brand!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Ah now thats a damn shame. Im sure hes pretty happy about getting that position but I always enjoyed the man's work inside the ring and on the mic. Very entertaining, I'd almost go as far to say that he was one of the most entertaining guys on the SD brand!

True,and there isnt many as it is!!

• Advertisement

So what will become of the Gymini? They keep the crap name or quietly repackage themselves? I never really liked the Gymini idea and it was keeping Dean out of the ring at the same time. Hopefully they return with a new personna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That ****in Segway yoke ruined his gimmick! He's meant to be a big fitness head, and he's takin the lazy way to the ring!

Hopefully he can have another run somewhere down the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Not that I'm a fan of the guy or anything, but anyone find it funny that WWE trust him and his abilities to be a head trainer, but not to wrestle beyond opening matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Brow wrote:
    So what will become of the Gymini? They keep the crap name or quietly repackage themselves? I never really liked the Gymini idea and it was keeping Dean out of the ring at the same time. Hopefully they return with a new personna.
    Yeah heres hoping that the Gymini come back repackaged. When I saw them first I was quite impressed. Don't think that the Hardyz are gonna reunite seeing as there was a 'Jeff is coming' promo on RAW there. Don't know if that was shown on RAW on sky because im in Canada at the moment. My point is that the Hardyz, Kendrick & London, The Gymini, The pit bulls and maybe Finlay & Regal could make for a good tag division on SD.

Dont forget KC James and Idol Stevens...whatever their gimmick is....
    Exit wrote:
    Not that I'm a fan of the guy or anything, but anyone find it funny that WWE trust him and his abilities to be a head trainer, but not to wrestle beyond opening matches?

Same could be said for Tommy Dreamer. But both have years of experience in different feds and overseas. Plus Dean is a more capable wrestler than Tommy so he'd be a better scout anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Al Snow works in OVW too, he never got much of a push in WWE. Bill DeMott is a trainer too. Both great wrestlers, but the creative team probably didn't see much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

its true dick mc savage, simon dean is very entertaining, he was good on the mic and was funny, he was good in the ring, pity he was made lose all the time.
    if i was head of marketing at wwe, i would have liked him to be big, why, cause i would have struck a deal with Hersheys and coca-cola. imagine chocolate bars and powerade drinks with a simon system wrap on them. that could be big.
    what has john cena, oh yeah, a stupid american salute to the crowd.

Advertisement