Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up a Ltd. company

Options
  • 09-08-2006 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I want to set up a company in Ireland with branches in other european countries. does anyone know of a good source of information on doing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

You may set up a company in Ireland and have branches in Europe so long as you can show that your main business activity in located in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

Not sure about setting up branches, but your best bet for setting up a limited company in Ireland is a company called COMPANY BUREAU www.companyformations.ie. They can set you up within a week or so. looked after me before. good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

would it not be less expensive to just go into Companies Office and set it up yourself, rather than pay companyformations.ie?

Its a fairly straightforward process, and the staff are very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

Nah, it's a disaster tryin to do it yourself. A mate of mine spent a month trying to do it and ended up just getting a formation agent. To do it yourself takes 4-5 weeks and you need to get legal docs, company stamp, commissioner of oaths signatures yourself. www.companyformations.ie did it for me in less than a week, so u can't go wrong with that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭esperanza

kluivert wrote:
    You may set up a company in Ireland and have branches in Europe so long as you can show that your main business activity in located in Ireland.

How would I prove my main business activity is in Ireland? I offer my services online and none of clients ever need my address and my telephone number only on rare occasions, as with voip, calls to landlines are fast becoming passé. Are there exact rules on what you must have on an invoice?

I will be spending a lot of my time travelling, but I want my company to be registered in Ireland, as at this stage it is the least complicated solution (I think).

Do the revenue commissioners call to your house to see you live there??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

not that strict. you might only have an element of processing based in ireland, it is not a big issue. Take Ryanair, for example, they generate the majority of their business outside Ireland, but are still registered in ireland.

To conclude: I really wouldn't worry about the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

not that strict. you might only have an element of processing based in ireland, it is not a big issue. Take Ryanair, for example, they generate the majority of their business outside Ireland, but are still registered in ireland.

To conclude: I really wouldn't worry about the issue.

Is Ryanair not a UK regsitered COMPANY.

I am not exactly sure of the techincalities of it but I am sure that yoiu must beIrish resident and then the company must be regsitered in Ireland with the CRO.

After that if you want to set up a branch in the UK then go ahead and do so. Make sure that is visibly clear on headed paper website business card etc that your business is regsitered in Ireland as per Companies Act 1963

Advertisement