Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arguement with friend over girl

• 09-08-2006 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi,
    Just wondering what peoples opinions are on this.
    My friend has been going with a girl for about 6 months. I go out with them sometimes. Was in her house with him drinking before going to town on Saturday, and her housemate was there. She came into town with us. Long story short, I ended up being with her, but didn't ask for her number(pissed off about this now), and its very rare that im in that house.
    We got on really well and I get the feeling she would have liked to meet me again. I asked my friend to get her number for me from his GF, but he is refusing to get it or give it to me. His reasoning is that he doesnt agree with a mate of his going out with a friend of his girlfriend, as it could end up backfiring on him in his own words. I.E he's scared ill do something that'll somehow make him look bad. He also said something similiar had happened before (a mate of his going out with a friend of his girlfriend) and when he broke up with his girlfriend things got very awkward, and he doesnt want there being a "link" between him and me like that.
    I think he's being a wánker and am píssed off with him over it. Would you have a problem with a friend of yours going out with a good friend of your boy/girlfriends?
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I think you'd be well within your rights to get her number, your mate can't dictate who you go out with even if she's a friend of his GF. Tell him to get a reality check and that you'll get her number ethier way, but he can come out of it on your good or bad side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Get her number off the girlfriend and bypass the cock block. Your friend's emotional immaturity shouldn't be your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 kaizersoze1

The thing is though, I probably won't be able to get it unless he gives it to me. I don't want to fall out with him over it but I think he's being well out of order and I've told him so but he still stands by his original point :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

His reasoning is that he doesnt agree with a mate of his going out with a friend of his girlfriend, as it could end up backfiring on him in his own words. I.E he's scared ill do something that'll somehow make him look bad.

LOL
    Who died and made him god?!
    Ask his g/f for the number, or better still, send the girl flowers and put your phone number in the message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

maybe the girl isnt interested and is just saying this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

The thing is though, I probably won't be able to get it unless he gives it to me. I don't want to fall out with him over it but I think he's being well out of order and I've told him so but he still stands by his original point :(

can you not get yourself over to the house on your own and ask her for it...?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Grem

Your friend sounds like an idiot! He cant decide who you should and should not see. If anything he should be happy that you like his girlfriends friend, that way you can all go out together, perhaps see more of each other than you would have before?

I say get her number in a roundabout way, flowers is a nice touch but it might freak her out a bit! Maybe call around one evening when you know your friends girlfriend isn't there to say hi?

Its worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I don't mean to sound dismissive, but if you like this girl, and have faith in the fact that you will not treat her like sh1t, then say it to your mates GF or find a way of getting the number yourself.
    You mate doesn't seem to have much faith in you, tell him your willing to prove him wrong.

Advertisement