Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for adverts.ie Dropdown?

Options
  • 09-08-2006 2:19pm
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if there's a need for it? Just because it's getting fairly packed up there, and the New category has taken a hit because of it.

I used the New category a lot as well.

Maybe adverts.ie could go in Sys > ...Adverts?

Also, why has thread of the day changed so many times today?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

No more packed than when the old FS section was there, IMO. It does look a little more out of place, all the way over on the right though. Perhaps if Sys was moved bck to the rightmost position, and broken down to support boards.ie and adverts.ie seperately...
    why has thread of the day changed so many times today?
    AFAIR, the thread of the day is randomly chosen from a pool of the days active threads when some refresh job is run over the menu every night. I guess with all the activity on the menu today, its been done more often than usual.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ah, I've just seen that there is a dropdown for New fora:
    Boards.ie > New Forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Yeah when we fixed some menu bugs (Regi fixed some {}'s, me some Adverts subsubcategories) the menu was regenerated. We can move adverts.ie over to the left as well, between boards.ie and Subbed but I thought it might be more relevant with the boards.ie stuff grouped together.

Things shouldn't be much more cramped, Shop is gone, System -> Sys, New is moved (as hull spotted), and adverts.ie and Edu made up the space.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Is adverts down? I'm getting 403 Forbidden errors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

plazzTT wrote:
    Is adverts down? I'm getting 403 Forbidden errors.

Yeah me too :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

Yep its down

Checking now...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Its down and up and down and up, I'm dizzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

YeAh! wrote:
    Yep its down

Ditto... and I wanted to post an add today as well. Doh! Any idea when it will be back up? Will it be down until the server problem is found?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

On the other hand, the revised adverts menu is looking good.

• Advertisement

Cloud wrote:
    =We can move adverts.ie over to the left as well, between boards.ie and Subbed but I thought it might be more relevant with the boards.ie stuff grouped together.

Did this, as some noticed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

This idea may be unpopular, and presumably you have already looked into it ....

but, why not take a look at your stats, and see just how low the % of people viewing the site in 800x640 pixels resolution is. If its sufficiently low, would it be possible to stretch the menu bar, say another 50 or 75 pixels. That way, you can un-cramp it and mabye expand "sys" to "system" and so on, mabye add a new cat, mabye add back the "new" category.

(You know all this anyways) But theres always a point where you have to say that youre going to sacrifice functionality on older computers for ease of use for the majority.

Just my €0.02 :)

Also, new menu is looking good, pld.

Advertisement