Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SCART Lead Connection

• 09-08-2006 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a SCART lead with the connection on the other side of the block, i.e. the opposite side on the pic provided.

scart-stecker.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

BaZmO* wrote:
    Is it possible to get a SCART lead with the connection on the other side of the block, i.e. the opposite side on the pic provided?
    For some reason, the picture didn't show but it's available here:

http://images.tomshardware.com/2005/11/23/pc_interfaces_101/scart-stecker.jpg

I've never seen a lead coming out the other side, but there are leads available that come out of the centre - presumably you have two leads in close proximity to each other, such that one lead is fouling the other?

CPC in the UK do a wide range. Try these for example:

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=AV07627&N=411

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=AV07655&N=411

(They can be ordered via their Dublin phone number on (01) 407 3092 by quoting the appropriate product code.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Funnily enough, your picture doesn't show either. :o

First pic is of the normal type lead and the other pic is of the connections on the back of my LCD.

The reason why I need to get a different style connection is the the mounting plate on the wall bracket would block the Scart lead. A lead with the connections from the centre would work fine I suppose. Also, all the leads would be coming out the right hand side as you look at the picture so it would be handier also.

Think one of these might do the trick. Good selection of lengths too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

If it's all hidden then you could just take off the plastic shroud at the back of any cheap SCART plug. Then you should be left with something that you can have going any way you want.

Alternatively, depending on the source equipment, if it's s-video or composite over scart then you can go into a dedicated s-video or composite socket on the TV (if there is one) and ignore the scart socket entirely. RGB is the only video type that's only ever available on SCART.

Advertisement