Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Rathmines

Options
  • 09-08-2006 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

When is the Aldi in Rathmines opening? (is it already open?) Ditto the Aldi in Walkinstown?

(And while we're on the subject of Rathmines, what happened to the plans for a cinema in the Swan Centre?)

(Sorry if this isn't in the right forum... I wasn't sure where it should be posted)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

For some strange reason this was in Consumer Issues,So I moved it here to Dublin City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Who knows when the Aldi will be done. Its takne about 3 years to get this far.

Dunno about the cinema now. Is it definitly still going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

coolaboola wrote:
    When is the Aldi in Rathmines opening? (is it already open?)
    No idea. It looks like it has been finished for the last month, but is still empty. "Aldi" signs are up, but they have applied for planning permission to change the sign type.
    (And while we're on the subject of Rathmines, what happened to the plans for a cinema in the Swan Centre?)
    No idea. I did notice that there is a new planning permission on the old Blockbuster building. Whether this is owned by the Swan or not, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Plans for cinema were shelved as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭conky_05

think the cinema didnt go ahead because of the traffic congestion it would cause down castlewood avenue ( which is VERY congested already ... )

• Advertisement

New hoarding up around the delivery door today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

on a related note, does anyone know if yoiu can actually hire the stella anymore? There still seems to be signs up saying you can but it looks like its about to collapse these days.

Dustaz wrote:
    on a related note, does anyone know if yoiu can actually hire the stella anymore? There still seems to be signs up saying you can but it looks like its about to collapse these days.
    I'm sure you could, but would you want to? :D It was bad enough when it was open.

I imagine you are better off renting one of the small screens in another cinema (Savoy has a critics screen).

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Ah but the Stella would be great for a party! What a venue!

Does anyone know what's happening to it? I heard that if there wasn't a cinema in the Swan centre, it'd be reopened, but this may not be true. I heard it was owned by the people who have the Savoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

Aldi Rathmines is due to open on November the 8th...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Dustaz wrote:
    it looks like its about to collapse these days.

Nothing new there then...

Oh no she didn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

The Aldi's open now - haven't been in it myself yet (is there parking, by the way?)

Maybe you could hire the old Classic Cinema in Kenilworth, which sadly closed recently. Beautiful old wood-and-velvet seats, nice screen, terrible sound system, but you can't have everything.

luckat wrote:
    The Aldi's open now - haven't been in it myself yet (is there parking, by the way?)
    There is a small car park across the street at teh swimming pool, but I think this is restricted to pool users. There is the Swan centre car park and some Pay & Display parking locally.

More importantly THERES A BUS STOP OUTSIDE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

bus stop is good, but i don't want to haul all my stuff along on the bus. Swan Centre car park is dear, isn't it? And ages away?

Advertisement