Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People complaining about twist

Options
  • 09-08-2006 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Thousands of people ringing in to complain about the latest twist? 50p a phone call, omg my life is over, ring ring ring, COMPLAIN QUICK! Their lives must REALLY revolve around big brother if they're gonna take things so seriously. Walk around town, I'm sure you'll find your refund on the ground somewhere muppet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

If it were someone like jamster or irish psychics live ripping people off, would you feel the same?

People voted to evict housemates, putting them back in after they have been evicted means that the majority of people didn't get what they paid for and were deceived. nobody likes being deceived, especially when there is money involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

People that actually ring up and vote are the fools tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

eirebhoy wrote:
    People that actually ring up and vote are the fools tbh.
    yeah but not really!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mr Ed

Get a grip, they did get what they paid for. They aid they would evict the person with the most votes and they did. There was nothing to say thay couldn't put them back in again, was there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Mr Ed wrote:
    Get a grip, they did get what they paid for. They aid they would evict the person with the most votes and they did. There was nothing to say thay couldn't put them back in again, was there?

Except putting them back in defeats the purpose of evicting them. If I had voted, I'd be annoyed too. And I'm sure some people rang in quite a few times to evict people, so I'd imagine rather than just 50p, there's plenty of folks who have paid a lot more than that to see someone go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Its like complaining to McDonalds for having a sh*t after eating a BigMac.....kinda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I've been watching Big Brother since it started in 2000 and I've never once voted. Why on earth would I waste my money?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,360 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What was it they say about a fool and his money...?

Seriously, do you think C4 care about what the voters say or think? Can we even be sure that the person who is evicted is genuinely the one that got the most votes andnot some sort of premeditated decision?

"Vote now with five minutes to go ebcasue I've just been told that the contestanrts are neck and neck...." Of course the are, Davina, of course they are...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

If nobody voted, then you wouldn't have a show.

besides, the rules state that once a housemate leaves the house, they forfeit any claim to the prize.

The rules on evictions state that once a person is evicted they are out of the competition.

Now before you go shouting the now famous rule 14 (Big brother can change the rules at any time), that applies to only the housemates and not the paying public.

The public are protected by legislation against rules like this in contracts. By dialling the number you enter a contract with endermol that should the person you vote for get more votes than the person they are up against, then that person is evicted.

If re-instating the old housemates is not a breach of that contract, then it is committing a lie of omission when asking people to vote. ICSTIS in the UK wouldn't be looking for the parties involved, or threatening an investigation if they didn't think there was grounds. In the past where previous complaints were found to be groundless, then the complaint would have been dismissed out of hand. OFCOM (brittish equivilent of the BCI) received over 500 complaints about makosi's interview and they dismissed them all) In this occasion it referred the 2000 complaints it received to ICSTIS (UK equivilent of RegTel) who had also received 500 complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭xnightwishx

If it were someone like jamster or irish psychics live ripping people off, would you feel the same?
    I would feel the same because if they're gonna believe any psychic they ring actually tell the truth they're quite gullible and deserve it. Jamster, you get your tone and that's that. They automatically subscribe you to their club but you can opt for single purchase option so if you read you'll see.
    By dialling the number you enter a contract with endermol that should the person you vote for get more votes than the person they are up against, then that person is evicted.

The people WERE evicted, twists can happen. Get over it, they've no lievs if they're gonna vote more than once, that was their choice, and said people were evicted. So get over it people.

• Advertisement

I would feel the same because if they're gonna believe any psychic they ring actually tell the truth they're quite gullible and deserve it. Jamster, you get your tone and that's that. They automatically subscribe you to their club but you can opt for single purchase option so if you read you'll see.

Jamster used lies of omission to acquire money which had them dragged over the coals in numerous countries. If what they did was right then those same regulators would have politely told those complaining to feck off.
    The people WERE evicted, twists can happen. Get over it, they've no lievs if they're gonna vote more than once, that was their choice, and said people were evicted. So get over it people.

Once a housemate leaves the house they forfeit any claim to the prize. That is in the Big Brother rules. and it is these rules that people would have based their decision whether to cast a vote or not.

If they are going to re-instate people after they were voted out, then what is the point of voteing in the first place?

A twist too far in my opinion. ICSTIS have launched their investigation and hopefully people who did vote will get their money back.

Advertisement