Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting files from the Companies Registration Office

Options
  • 09-08-2006 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Does Anyone know that the story is with the CRO? I've been looking at the website and know you can download company return's etc.

Is the (in this case, Ltd) business informed of the requests or are they considered public knowledge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

giftgrub wrote:
    Does Anyone know that the story is with the CRO? I've been looking at the website and know you can download company return's etc.

Is the (in this case, Ltd) business informed of the requests or are they considered public knowledge?

You can download the images of the returns for a fee.

AFAIK the company is not made aware that the files have been downloaded. They are public knowledge once they are submitted to CRO anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

as far as I know thats the case as well. They have no restrictions giving the info out as long (ie they just need a credit card no) so Im doubting they keep a record for the co.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

If your thinking of going into business it's one of the best places for information. You just look up a few of your competitors, get their account details and annual return, invaluable.

You’d be amazed at the number of self-employed people that get freaked out by the fact that their neighbours can see what their profit/turnover is. Now that this info is digitally stored it’s very easy to access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

giftgrub wrote:

< Public knowledge and no feedback to company. It would be of ltd value anyway as you could be a front for anyone. However be aware that what is publically available is the bare minimum and the clever use of holding companies, companies ltd by gtee etc can all be used to shield the more valuable information from public glare. In addition, incorporating in the Isle of Man is now very fashionable for similar reasons. Finally getting the correct company name and reg number can be very trying>

< see in line above>.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Can someone explain where I should be looking to get the company accounts download. All I seem to find is something titled Names printout for 3.50 euro. Is this it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

http://www.cro.ie/search/

type in the name
    do a search
    in the list that appears click on the name
    new screen appears, click big button that says LIST COMPANY SUBMISSIONS
    then you will see the items you can then select the returns and items you want

Advertisement