Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Performance

Options
  • 09-08-2006 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

For me at least, boards today feels like it did a while back when the old search was enabled, just seems much slower than usual today.

For instance, viewing the motors forum:
    admin+statler@boards.ie: Page generated in 108.41648 seconds with 15 queries

Even just loading this post reply page:
    admin+statler@boards.ie: Page generated in 7.87860 seconds with 11 queries

Did something break or has it got something to do with the new adverts.ie stuff appearing on the side of some forums or what?

Not complaining/whinging/moaning... just curious.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its terrible, all or nothing performance. You might have to wait one or two mins before the page sudenly loads in a second or two!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Try using porkpie.boards.ie.

Also, stop using search.php :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Has the search been enabled for more people or something? I just use the getnew, which shouldn't be much of a clock cycle eater.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

No it's still just Subs/Mods but I think since Vexorg came back he's been looking for something ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Cloud wrote:
    No it's still just Subs/Mods but I think since Vexorg came back he's been looking for something ;)

His innocence?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Good to hear that the search options are going to be looked at.

I know alot of people uses boards but surely it cant be that hard to impliment some kind of efficient information retrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

it was fine when i left the house at 9, but the place seems to be slow as hell tonight.
    or is it just on my end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Fine now it seems, I was on earlier today (or was it yesterday:confused: ) and was it slow, it was like dragging a dead camel up a hill using a very very small bicycle... with one wheel.

Yes, that bad!

EDIT: Off topic I know, but was that education menu always there, or am I imagining that there was a difference??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

InFront wrote:
    EDIT: Off topic I know, but was that education menu always there, or am I imagining that there was a difference??
    No. It was previously under Soc.

ED: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054973602 There's the reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

julep wrote:
    it was fine when i left the house at 9, but the place seems to be slow as hell tonight.
    or is it just on my end?

I just the other day got, an internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday. Why?

Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the internet commercially...

They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck.

It's a series of tubes.

And if you don't understand those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and its going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material.

• Advertisement
Advertisement