Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheap wi fi phone

• 09-08-2006 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi I want to get a wi-fi phone, it doesent have to have any impressive pda features, I want it to look like a normal phone only with wi-fi so I can acsess the internet propaly, basicly I want a normal phone with wi-fi so whats the cheapest Wi-fi phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Nokia E61, €199 on upgrade or new connection with Vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

You aint going to find a normal phone with wifi,only smartphones have them,e61,n91,9300i and v1240 offered by vodafone have wifi but they start at 350 to 650 on prepay,o2 offer the xda range of pda phone which start around 350 contract...The conclusion your not going to find a cheap wifi,cheapest is buying of ebay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭maxitwist

damo86 wrote:
    You aint going to find a normal phone with wifi

Ha proved u wrong, well kinda there still smartphones but they look like normal phones which is more what I meant but I think I might have to save up a little more as they are about a heic of a lot out of €'s out of my budget
    They are: the nokia 91, n80, e70 my favourite being the n80 http://www.three.ie/ireland/ihandsets/handsetoverview.omp?&cid=1152613591822&subleft=1
    but at €500
    Very dear but I think the other two are to I Couldn't find a place to buy them
    so is there any other ones that you know of or a place to buy one of these phones? thanks for the help o and that n60 or whatever was horrible! sorry! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Nokia E50 and E70 will be out later this month, their a normal phone with wifi, same spec as E61 but much smaller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

No you didn't prove me wrong,all the phones mentioned are smartphones,they all run symbian os which is a operating system so you can install apps meaning they can do "smart" stuff!A normal phone to me something like a nokia 6230 etc!My money is on a e70 waiting for to be released on vodafone!I had a v1240 which i bought on ebay for 260 so i would go for that, pm me for a trusted seller name!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

2nd hand Imate sp5 from ebay.

Lots of people are upgrading theirs at the moment - there should be loads going.

Hey thanks all I'll look on enbay now, is there any slimish phones, for me 26mm is quite thick, I thought 19mm (my current sony v600i) was thick.
    I like the look of the e700 but not so fond of the e500.
    So at this moment my top 5 dream phones are:
    1. Nokia n80
    2. Nokia n93
    3 .Nokia e700
    4 .Nokia n91
    5. Nokia n92

but i'm still looking for one that I can afford, so keep the posts coming!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

nokia e60

THe e60 is nice, but it doesent have a camera does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

no it doesnt that aside the spec is great tho

• Advertisement

ummmmmmm...... I'll think, its a pretty big comprimise for me since I dont have a digital camera but it is nice...........

Advertisement