Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mechanic wanted to check out car

Options
  • 09-08-2006 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭

Buying a car from a private seller. Does anyone have a list of mechanics that offer an inspection service.

I know aa have one for 300 odd euro (Im sure its a good check but ouch) also someone gave me www.carbuyerscheck.com at 165e but when I rang him he tried to get me to bring the car to him rather then him being flexible and going to where the car is, despite his site saying he would do so. I may still go with him but i may as well go to a reg garage if that was the case.

edit: Im in dublin west, if someone knows of a location based garage that will do same inspection at a reasonable price I may go there.

ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cjs

look in the buy and sell magazine theres always ads on from retired mechanics or mechanics who want to make an extra few quid in the evenings. Rates start from €45 with these people and there is ads on every week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭dave101

have a guy who looks at cars vans for me before i buy them il pass his number to you if required hes in tallaght and will travel. he specializes in vw bmw and audi
    never steered me wrong yet no pun intended
    colm jones is his name .
    he would be known in the trade,southside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

dave, can you pm me his number please? If hes in tallaght the seller is on the m50 most days so should be able to meet somewhere.
    any ideas of cost?

cheers

Advertisement