Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Boarding Kennels

Options
  • 09-08-2006 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone reccommend a good dog boarding kennels in West Dublin or Kildare.

We've planned to go away for the weekend but our regular kennels is completely booked out.

Any help much appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Grey abbey in Kildare Town is excellent - might be a bit far for you but I have seen the staff with dogs and they treat them like their own. I think it is around €15 a day. It is small enough so that your dog won't be ignored or forgotten about.

I dont have their number but I think they have a website or you will get them on 11890 under Grey Abbey Vetinary Clinic

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I recommend Happy Hounds in Cavan.I just got my 2 dogs and cat back from there today and I have to say theyre one of the best Ive ever used.
    They will come and collect the dogs and deliver them back aswell.
    The dogs were very well looked after--They even get TV in their Kennels and the cats get to listen to BBC radio 2 before going to bed:D :D

My dogs are now addicted to Love Island and hop around every time the music starts.

They send you daily text updates on your dog aswell which is great--keeps a bit of the worry away.

10/10 for service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Navan Junction

Hellrazer wrote:
    I recommend Happy Hounds in Cavan..
    How much is it per day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Hellrazer wrote:
    I recommend Happy Hounds in Cavan.

I agree.... they even wash your dogs before delivering them to your door. One of my dogs gets very stressed and looses hair on his tail when in kennels. He didnt with these guys though. I had three dogs in and I think it was eleven Euro a night.... I am in work now, will bring the number in with me tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Would anybody have the number for this Happy Hounds place in Cavan?? I did a search on the web and the only Happy Hounds i could find was in Meath... Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Boggle66

Two kennels I use in Lucan/Kildare:

http://www.kufinnka.com - great kennels - secure, v smart, new, heated with sizeable individual runs and also fenced, grass, paddock areas for the dogs during the day. The owner is a real animal lover too. €20 a night. My dog doesn't even look back at me when I take him here!

Lucan Boarding Kennels - Tel: 01 6240512 - friendly secure kennels. Heated wooden kennels wiith individual runs and larger exercise areas. Older kennels but still very good condition. €13 a night. My dog is always happy and healthy when he stays here.

Not been to these, but websites looks good:

http://www.deutsche.ie/

http://www.fircroft.ie/home/default.asp

http://www.activevetcare.ie/kennels-directions.htm

Kennels I've been to see and wouldn't touch:

Lissenhall Veterinary Hospital in Swords
    Estuary Kennels in Swords

gazzer wrote:
    Would anybody have the number for this Happy Hounds place in Cavan?? I did a search on the web and the only Happy Hounds i could find was in Meath... Thanks

Sorry Gazzer, I was away, I will have the number for you tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Boggle66,

Why wouldn't you touch the kennel in Lissenhall? I was thinking of leaving our dog in there for a few days when we go away. I'd welcome your comments if it's not a good place to leave him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dubgirlie

Does anyone know about these..City West Kennels Want to leave my doggie in for a few days...He has never gone to kennels before...any advice....South Dublin.

Here we go! Happy hounds and Purfect puss Kennels

Dogs excersised twice a day, heated kennels with TV's and Radios (I know...) Free collection and delivery (I am not sure about that one actually) Your dog washed before he goes home....

• Advertisement
Advertisement