Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death From Above 1979 No more!

Options
  • 09-08-2006 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

I just read a letter from DFA1979.com that was written from Jessie (the drummer) saying that DFA have Split up.

If you dont know who DFA are, they are a 2 piece band (bass and drums), who have sooo much sound and energy along with some of the hardest rocking riffs out there.

It deeply saddens me to know that kick ass songs like Romantic Rights, Black History Month and litte girl(of of the best riffs ever) will never been seen at a fresh live set again.

I seriously hope its a publicity stunt... but some how i seriously doubt it.

Gutted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Jesse Keeler had stated months ago that he wanted to devote his time to MSTRKRFT, so it's not a huge surprise. Shame allright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Yea, i was watching an interview with them last night and Seb kept going on about his solo work on 'fem fetal' (not sure if thats right or not)... Either way, ill support them both, but no matter what, DFA should come first.

No matter what they do, it will never be as origional as DFA

my god. MSTRKRFT... total crap. What a sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

red_ice wrote:
    Either way, ill support them both, but no matter what, DFA should come first.

Are you serious? Have you told them of your feelings? I'm sure you know better than they do so why not have a word with them after dinner and if they don't listen just cut off their pocket money.

go fk a goat FX Meister. Maybe you are one of these chaps who listen to music and leave it at that. For some people bands mean something and the music they put out inspires them to do something different.

If you have nothing constructive to post, lodge that thumb of yours back up your arse along side your head.

• Advertisement

Yeah i see your point there and I understand what you're saying but for you to say DFA should come first is pure crap. If they are no longer happy making music together as a particular band then why should they keep churning crap out for people like you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

somebody posted this already. yeah its bad news alright. :(

FX Meister wrote:
    Yeah i see your point there and I understand what you're saying but for you to say DFA should come first is pure crap. If they are no longer happy making music together as a particular band then why should they keep churning crap out for people like you?

Now were going somewhere. No they shouldnt, your spot on there. They didnt 'churn' crap out. Jessie is now tho, the crap he put out is the same as any other housey/dancy track out there. If hes happy with it, fair enough, but its crap imo. No band should stay together if they are unhappy, and they did the right thing, i never said they should stay together im just seriously bitter that they are finished.

I dont think anyone can list a 2 piece band that has so much energy/sound as DFA. They came with a new sound, didnt change it from day 1, playing what they love. They paid their do's, and made it big(ish) without selling out.

Everyone who i've told about the breakup has had the same reaction. Its even worse for me, coz i missed them at oxygen last year coz of an unfortunate event.

By churning crap out I mean the music they would produce if they stayed together as a band when they no longer wanted to. Pretty much every group or artist has a peak, they reached theirs and now they are on the way back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Just started listening to these guys about 2 weeks ago, and now this!

Ah well qotsa have a cracking new bassist now.

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote:
    By churning crap out I mean the music they would produce if they stayed together as a band when they no longer wanted to. Pretty much every group or artist has a peak, they reached theirs and now they are on the way back down.

I seriously doubt they reached their peak. They were only getting started in my books. DFA have loads of remixes done on their tracks by loads of random artists, including MSRTKRFT and two covers from josh homme of qotsa.

weemcd wrote:
    Just started listening to these guys about 2 weeks ago, and now this!

Ah well qotsa have a cracking new bassist now.

qotsa have had a nack for keeping their musicians within their group of friends. For example, troy plays a fair bit of bass - he plays bass on little sister. Theres Alan Yohanas (spelling), hes been playing bass for queens for the last year and half or so i think.. Then theres Dan Druff, who also plays bass for them.

Whos the new bassist? I'd be shocked if it wasnt someone that has appeared on the desert sessions at some point, or in one of the members previous bands

Advertisement