Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London - drinking

Options
  • 09-08-2006 5:34pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there a London beers sometime soon? If not, who wants to go drinking some evening during the week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

...whats now, this week you say? But it's already Wednesday...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I did not mean exactly this week, but why not. I was talking about a weeknight. I work in the city (around Bank) and live 10 mins from there so after work is handy time to go for a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I've to go into London on Monday evening to off-load some V festival tickets, presuming that goes smoothly I'd be available for a drink then :) (i.e. I could afford one!)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

sounds like a plan, will try to round up a few more.

Any good pubs around Bank? I've to make my drop-off at Charing Cross and looking at tubes through both there and Bank, Tottenham Court Rd is pin-pointed... Plenty of pubs there :p

• Advertisement

I'm currently working 30 seconds from Bank. I would suggest a big pub called "Cross Keys", part of Weatherspoons chain.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ugh @ weekday drinking around Bank. Like I NEVER do that! :p

Make it a weekend (not this one, I'm in Ireland) and far away from the city (west end or clapham is fine with me), and I'm game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

So is this happening?

BossArky wrote:
    sounds like a plan
    iguana wrote:
    So is this happening?
    Is that 2 yes's for one or two pints this evening? I'll pm ye both with my mobile no. as I'll be away from the internet in two or three hours and there doesn't seem to be any actual firm interest from anyone :p

In the absence of any other suggestions, Cross Keys near Bank tube, anyone else fancy in a pint this evening? Weeks of preparation have gone into this so hope ye all make it!

yeah I can definetly make it straight after work. How about 6:30pm at Cross Keys, near Bank?

• Advertisement

Cool.

Well, for those of you are wondering this boards.ie beers event did go ahead. A classy affair it was too, culminating in 9 bottles of bulmers back at my place and a hangover to make cement from the next day.

Are any of the rest of you interested in a bigger event say Thursday 24th of next week? (I'm heading to Zurich with work and may not be around the weeks after that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

Hey guys and gurls, I'd say I'll be up for it sometime. Though since moving to London don't use Boards that often but I'll try log back in some day this week. I live in Clapham/Battersea, work inbetween Monument and Tower Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm getting married on the 26th, so the 24th seems unlikely.;) Perhaps the next time.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

BossArky wrote:
    Are any of the rest of you interested in a bigger event say Thursday 24th of next week? (I'm heading to Zurich with work and may not be around the weeks after that).
    Next week has 24 Thursdays? **** me, that Friday is going to be hard earned :)

Why the determination to drink mid-week?

Drinking mid week has many an advantage:

- straight from work to pub
    - its a 4 day week (as you don't remember the next workday)
    - you still have a full weekend to do whatever you want with with a clear head

I'm not around this Thursday now as heading away.

Advertisement