Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Punk in ECW

• 09-08-2006 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

I just want to post a few random thoughts after Punk's successful debut last week. These are all real nit picky thoughts but I'm postin them anyway :p .

Firstly, he didnt do his usual X across the chest stance (in fact, he used a stance kinda like Joe's). I've a theory on this. On Raw recently, Triple H has been using this stance in the match graphics. This has to have something to do with Punk not being able to use it, we all know Trips has no time for Punk.

Secondly, his moveset. He ripped off KENTA's kick combo, as well as using alot of moves I'd associate with Joe.

Thirds, Orton's old music?! WTF! Gimme Misera Cantare!

Nit Picky as I said but I wanted to put them out there. (and I wanted a Punk thread to debut my new sig!)
    It will be interesting to see how he does next week, if he gets the same kind of reception in a SmackDown arena. I bet he does!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I think Punk has been a breath of fresh air in ECW compared to Show,RVD,Sandman etc. In the way that he "craves" the competition rather than using the canes,chairs etc. More to come from the Punker hopefully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

He ripped off Great Muta's pose as well. And I'm hoping some of his moves make it into ECW from his ROH moveset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

I'd love to see the plunge, but I can't see him being allowed to use it somehow, wonder why...

I know what you mean. But WTCMF and Pepsi Twist would be nice to see. I cant see why he shouldnt be allowed use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

He's done really well so far. Theres a freshness about his character and not the same old same old you see on tv every week.

He won't get the same response as his debut. You can't duplicate the Hamerstein Ballroom atmosphere in a Washington arena being taped with Smackdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Well for those of you who want to know...
    Punk did not compete this week on ECW. He only had a short backstage segment where he spoke about how he was welcomed into the ECW family and that he will be in the ring next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

I loved the line about the ECW family embracing him more than his own family did.
    Good old Punker!

The man is hilarious on the mic. I have a best of Punker dvd and he does an amazing promo with Corino where when the fans chant for them to shut up they sit down in the ring til they shut up. Meanwhilst Corino takes out a hip flask and Punk plays it up giving a shocked reaction. Classic stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He's had the best introduction and debut of anyone I can remember in WWE. Apparently Heyman has been given control over ECW again, starting with last week, so it's only good news for Punk

I'm sure he's won over a lot of new fans too. I suppose we'll find out next week. The only way we'll ever see the Plunge is if he gets into some sort of storyline with Triple H..which would be very interesting

What I'm waiting for is the heel turn! Hope it's not for a good while though

Advertisement