Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stupid sizing question

• 09-08-2006 6:21pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭

what-ish would a mens S size equal in womens sizing (s,m,l etc.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 oshi

large im guessing, like dress size 14 and up???? I think, dunno never had to buy ladies clothes for a man......maybe someday:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

small would be somewhere arround a size 8 to 10.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

prolly a medium, i'll wear a mans large but a ladies xl or xxl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

Well I'm not sure about normal clothing but I know that small mens rugby jerseys are more than big enough for me & I'm usually a size 12. Rugby shirts tend to have big sizing though, so I'd say it'd be around size 14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

I think a mans S is about the same as ladies L or 14-16

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 squiggy

I have 2 mens tshirts size L which arent tight fitting and im a womans XL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Womens sizes vary a lot between stores but a rough mens size guide is
    approx S= 35-37 in
    M= 38-40 in
    L= 41-43 in

Hope this helps...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I think a mans S is about the same as ladies L or 14-16
    Not a hope, mens small is closer to a ladies medium. ie 10-12 or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Thaedydal wrote:
    small would be somewhere arround a size 8 to 10.

There's no way a men's small would be anywhere near an 8. I'd say more like a 12. But of course it depends on what exactly you're talking about. T Shirt, shorts, etc

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

thanks for all the help guys,
    basically was getting my gf a present of a hoodie and mine usually fit her well and i wear small,
    the one i wanted to get her only went up to M so i got it and sure i guess i'll have to wait and see,
    thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement