Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Legacy

Options
  • 09-08-2006 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Seems to be armada III to me looks like a fun game grafix dont look amazing but still should be a good game

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Yeah, I like the look of it too. I saw a rolling demo of it on some magazine disc about a month or two ago and the visuals are pretty sharp, I couldn't discern what it'll play like though, although I reckon it has an arcade style feel to its gameplay. Whatever it ends up being like, I'll probably end up buying it anyway for the PC and the DS!.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I cannot believe they're still sucking money out of Star Trek. It would appear that like the man who played her first captain, Star Trek is not going to age gracefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

dont diss the shatner, the stuff he's done over the last two years has been brilliant.

On the actual game, it looks less to be like Armada and more like starfleet command, focusing on controlling a smaller number of ships but with more tactical abilities and 3d freedom. Armada was a glorified RTS, this looks more like tactical shipcombat. (which appeals to me more.)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Zillah wrote:
    It would appear that like the man who played her first captain, Star Trek is not going to age gracefully.
    i'll agree that he didnt age very gracefully :D
    Pike2.jpg

but i actually like the look of this. hopefully it'll be alot less of an arcade game, and more of a strategy (ala homeworld)

x360 version on show at E3

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2006/05/20/e32006_startrek_legacy_video/

Kinda torn about it.

Firstly this is the 360 version so the controls look a bit inaccurate.

But secondly I was hoping that it would be alot more tactical in both what you can do with your ships and also in the amount of freedom...almost akin to silent hunter 3, i want huge campain mode, thrown in with putting some practical implecation behind all those moments in star trek where someone says "If i realign the deflecter dish and purge some ionised gas into the debris...it should..."

but still give it time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

looks meh... so all you do is fly around and destroy ships, whats the storyline to it? Is it free roam, i'm guessing it isn't.

Plus i'm with blitzkrieg, what you want isn't just battles (as Star Trek was rarely made up of spaceship battles) you want the ability to make tactical decisions, like how do we "sour the milk" and get this space creature off our hull, or when outgunned, having to enable the metaphasic shielding and fly into the chronosphere of that star, engage our engines at the last second and cause the trailing ships to be destroyed in a solar prominence.

Star Trek was never about fighting with the blunt edge of the knife but in the trickery of battle, fooling the opponent into a false sense of security. A truly emersive Star Trek universe on the scale of WoW (if not larger) is what you need.

When and will this game be released for PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

L31mr0d wrote:
    looks meh... so all you do is fly around and destroy ships, whats the storyline to it? Is it free roam, i'm guessing it isn't.

Plus i'm with blitzkrieg, what you want isn't just battles (as Star Trek was rarely made up of spaceship battles) you want the ability to make tactical decisions, like how do we "sour the milk" and get this space creature off our hull, or when outgunned, having to enable the metaphasic shielding and fly into the chronosphere of that star, engage our engines at the last second and cause the trailing ships to be destroyed in a solar prominence.

Star Trek was never about fighting with the blunt edge of the knife but in the trickery of battle, fooling the opponent into a false sense of security. A truly emersive Star Trek universe on the scale of WoW (if not larger) is what you need.

When and will this game be released for PC?
    Star Trek online is what u want out in 2007 or 2008 a massive online star trek RPG

this game is out for pc next month

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Kiith wrote:
    i'll agree that he didnt age very gracefully :D
    Pike2.jpg

but i actually like the look of this. hopefully it'll be alot less of an arcade game, and more of a strategy (ala homeworld)

Think I used to go out with her :eek:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Bethesda unites five generations of Star Trek captains
    http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=18955

Avery Brookes returns as Deep Space Nine's Captain Benjamin Lafayette Sisko (1993-1999).

He is so going to be the captain i play as for this...or shatner

I hope for online play you can give taunts using the voice talents of the cast. that would be cool little add on.

Correction..i dont care if he's not in it, but i would so defitnally have Gul Du Kat as my captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Blitzkreig wrote:

That looks really really crap.

EDIT:

Although the six captains thing sounds very cool.

Advertisement