Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urgent - New phone help

• 09-08-2006 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭

I'm going to get a new phone tomorrow but I don't know what I should get! It's been a good while since I have had a look around. I used to have a Nokia 3310 and then I got a Moto V300. My V300 is messed up and I need a new one.
    When I got my V300 I took the sim (pay as you go) out of my 3310 and stuck it into my V300. I am with meteor and i'm wondering if it is possible that when I find the new phone I want that I will be able to have my sim upgraded while keeping my old number and my phone book?
    My second question (of sorts), what does this board think of the Moto V3 razr? Is it a good phone? It looks good and I like how it's made mostly from alloy. Your thoughts are appreciated.
    I want a phone with a good camera andone thats nice and loud. The camera specs for the razr don't exactly impress me so I really want to know do meteor do Motorola V3i razr? I think it's like an updated model with a 1.3 megapixel camera. If they do how much is it? If they don't can I get it sim free and for how much?
    Is 1.3 MP camera very good? I'm not even sure.
    I know there is a good bit there but this has happened to me suddenly and it's all a bit of a rush. If nothing else I would like to hear good news about the V3i. Please try to answer all you can. Thank you!!! :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

1. You just ask for a replacement sim when you're getting your upgrade. Make sure you ask to transfer over the numbers as it's not done automatically.

2. The V3 is okay for a backup phone, as I use it, but I wouldn't use it as an every day phone.

3. Meteor do do the V3i, but only on bill pay at the moment. To be honest, if you spend around 40 a month on credit, there's no reason you shouldn't be on Talk 200. It's the same price. You get your free Meteor texts and 5c calls. If you're spending 60, you can go for Talk 400 which is free Meteor texts and free Meteor calls. I've not heard much in the way about the V3i to be honest, as it's too new over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the v3 is fairly crap. to be honest, i'd rather have one of those backpack phones from the vietnam war than a v3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I wouldn't bother with the V3. It's a nice looking phone and had good features but it is well out of date Motorola are smart the reissue the same phone with different colours, they then get the likes of D&G to redesign their cover, it's all marketing.

Don't buy the phone tomorrow, you have too many questions. From what you've said you keep you phone for a long time, that means it's gonna be a big decision which phone you buy.

Go into town tomorrow and go around a few shops, ask for advice and opinion's, take the brochures home read through them, post any question's here.

What do you use the phone for?
    What features do you use? and want?
    What budget do you have?

Nokia have a good selector here, even if you don't want a nokia it'll help you think about what you want from the phone. Also go to callcosts.ie it'll help you choose the right tarriff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Ya, going to the store didn't help. Now i'm stuck with a phone that doesn't work... Well, i'm looking for a phone with good battery life, a quality camera, nice and loud oh, and durable enough. I saw the Sony Ericson K800i. I believe that was it. I have just had a look around the boards and there seems to be a lot of love for it. My budget isn't a problem.
    Does anybody know how much this phone is with meteor?
    Does it meet my requirements?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

K800i probably won't be available with Meteor. Easier to buy it sim free for around 400. Not plugging it, but I'm selling mine at the moment, though I have an asking price offer for it.

It's a great phone. I just need the money for car insurance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement