Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A mod for auto facing?

Options
  • 09-08-2006 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Trying to hit a rogue with a priest is like trying to push custard uphill with a stick.
    They keep dodging around, is there a mod you can get that will automatically face your target at all times? Its not humanly possible to do it manually.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Wouldn't that be considered cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The whole point I imagine alot of them jump around is so they can backstab you, which they need to do from behind.

So yes I would consider such a mod very much cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Jumpy wrote:
    Its not humanly possible to do it manually.

Yes it is, its called skill...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

That would be more than a little cheeky. Up there with totem killer addons. Anyone who uses them must die!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Hold right mouse button down and just follow them around and you'll face em np..

Rogues will constantly jump thru you and stuff to intterupt your spellcast.. it's one of their main things to avoid getting hit.. l2pvp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

its the lack of solidity of the character that makes it annoying, I would have difficulty following someone running around me, but it wouldnt be impossible, the fact that they can run THROUGH you makes keeping a 3 second spell going till the finish in the realms of zero possibility.
    No matter how much mouse sensitivity you have you cant spin that fast.
    Fear is the only defense I have, but couple that with will of the forsaken and you cant beat a UD rogue.
    I know I will get a load of replies boasting about how they could do it easily, however... no video = it didnt happen :D

Shadow priests are unbeatable by rogues kek.. innerfire shield greater healz shadow word pain fear mindflay :D

if you can survive the first 3-4 seconds of a rogue attack, its np

DRakE wrote:
    Shadow priests are unbeatable by rogues kek.. innerfire shield greater healz shadow word pain fear mindflay :D

if you can survive the first 3-4 seconds of a rogue attack, its np

If they shake off the fear you are toast. And UD rogues can shake it off with a racial.

I admit I have been told that when I get Shadowform I should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Drake has a point, I found it next to impossible as a holy preist ot with shadow. Now once you Shadoword pain them, vampyric embrace, devouring plague, then sheild. Use Mindflay which has instant cast time + with vampyric embrace you heal. If you can fear them early on use it + mind blast for a nice.

Remember rogues are short range fighters so if your low on health and he jumps through you again run away in the opposite direction and use some healz to regen your health.

Shadowform makes a huge difference to a priest.

They have Shadow,Fire,Frost,Nature etc Protection Potions. Why cant they have a "Rogue Protection Potion" - absorbs 1200-2000 points of Rogue Damage. :D

• Advertisement

Jumpy wrote:
    They have Shadow,Fire,Frost,Nature etc Protection Potions. Why cant they have a "Rogue Protection Potion" - absorbs 1200-2000 points of Rogue Damage. :D
    limited invulnerability potions!

And Pete since he was whining about will of the forsaken i assume he was alliance :p I did the same whine about a year ago :p

Seriously shadowform and innerfire will mitigate LOADS of the damage, 15% less melee damage from shadowform and ~1000 armor from innerfire is imba..

edit: man i have to try the instant win of sw: p and dev plague on a rogue or mage..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Mindflay will autoface your target once you start casting and will 'track' them as they jump around you.
    Keep in mind though that you need to be facing them to start casting it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Locks and shadow priests are soooo much easier now that I've turned to the dark side (i.e. the undead side). I haven't even bothered buying my pvp trinket yet... :p

In all honesty though, the biggest advantage Horde shadow priests have is that they don't have Forsaken closing in on them. Saying that, once you have shadow form, you're Godly in pvp... Shadow priests are one of those classes that can do you in whatever their gear and level...

Yeah I dont even think about jumping any shadow priests thats still honor to me (48+) as my 60 mage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Saying that I tore a lvl 49 one apart the other day... (Currently lvl 46)

With a few lucky crits their lack of HP helps.

Also, finding one who dropped shadowform to heal themselves is a great feeling for a rogue. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Really really hate fighting both shadow priests and rogues... Rogues are just too much DPS too fast, plus I can't get a heal off when incapacitated. Shadow priests - fearing means I can't get near them to start beating the head off them :( They just melt my face from afar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

WoW alan, What with Inner Fire and Power Word: Shield, that sure makes you One Tough Cookie !

/burblegurgle

Melting of faces by shadow priests will happen.

Dustaz wrote:
    WoW alan, What with Inner Fire and Power Word: Shield, that sure makes you One Tough Cookie !

/burblegurgle
    BWAHAHAHA

<3 Fangtooth

Advertisement