Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garmin SATNAV Again

Options
  • 09-08-2006 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

I am planning on buying thr garmin C510 DELUXE edition from an online supplier (www.pixmania.com). I am just a little confused about the maps included.
    If i go for the deluxe edition will it supply me with ALL the european maps does anybody know?
    I am travelling across the continent in September and as such I need Ireland/England/France/Germany/Italy. Will the deluxe package include all of these maps for travelling or will it only include ones for a specific region?

Look at the info on the site: http://www.garmin.com/products/sp510/

'In the alternative, the StreetPilot c510D “deluxe” package includes one of nine pre-programmed European map regions and a DVD-ROM with fully unlocked European map coverage. This deluxe version also includes, an integrated traffic receiver which notifies you of traffic, construction and weather delays and automatically suggests alternative routes.'

Does this mean I can upload the maps from the DVD to the UNIT?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I have the street pilot 3 and although an older model I got the up to date version 8 maps on cd free from garmin. The unit comes with a card and device for connecting to the pc, so you transfare the maps you need to the card and then insert the card in to the sat nav. It's fairly simple, I only downloaded ireland but Europe has full coverage on version 8. By the way, even if your unit comes with an earlier version of the maps you can just phone garmin and they will send you version 8 free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

No they won't. They will only send a free update, if you bought a device after a date that they decide - for v8 it was 01 Jan 06, otherwise you pay €75 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

testicle wrote:
    No they won't. They will only send a free update, if you bought a device after a date that they decide - for v8 it was 01 Jan 06, otherwise you pay €75 for it.
    Are you sure,I understood you could have bought a device years ago once you hadn't previousy registered software for it.Actually they will send the software free to anyone, no questions asked, it's registering and activating it that may cost the money if your correct.

Advertisement