Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell 5150 with 805 D does MB Support OC

Options
  • 09-08-2006 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Just seen Dell have a good price on their 5150 with 19 tft with processor up to 805 D, does the MB support raising FSB so I can overclock the mother.
    As far as I know Dell use Intel MB's :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Short answer, no. Although some people have managed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

clockgen works on some Dell mobo's. Most dell mobo's are made by intel. New Xps uses nVidia mobo & i think its clockable, might have to flash to a different bios tho. Find out which mobo is in it.

Edit: did a search & I dont think you can. Dell has everything locked in the bios as usual. Clockgen might work, but never worked for me in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

People were able to overclock by finding out what the boards would have been sold as before they were shipped/designed for dell. Then they flashed in a replacment bios from the retail version.

Advertisement