Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BF 2142 Beta

• 09-08-2006 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

I hear that the Beta is only going to be open to File Planet subscribers, can anyone tell me if it will be available to non-subscribers after awhile??
    Also does anyone know of a date when the Beta will be available??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

So you want to Beta test EA software? :confused:

If its on Fileplanet it will probably stay there, EA have put things on there and left them and sometimes others got them a few days after, but if its a serial req beta torrents be of no use.

kdjac

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The beta will almost be only for FilePlanet subscribers (€30 a year I think).

When you try to subscribe though you get taken to this page :

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/bf2142/subscribe.shtml

which doesn't like Europeans it seems.....

Though I did find this...

"Although a number of opinions have already been formed about the Battlefield 2142 beta, I've been sent a message from Colin Clarke [EA) that may change some of those. Here's what he had to say:

EA & DICE will be distributing codes through our regional managers that will allow players direct and free access to the Tuning Beta. We have contacted many groups already to bring them into the Tuning Beta and will be opening the doors wider to allow for a great experience. Players should keep their eyes on the official EA Battlefield news spaces and their local forums for more information on EA & DICE VIP key distribution."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

If people have to subscribe to play a fracking beta... EA have no soul.

I'm still buying the game though :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I saw some figures a couple of months ago showing that over 20,000 active BF2 players have Fileplanet accounts (based on patch downloads) I guess so that's probably more than enough for a beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ah i was hoping to go into this beta myself. **** :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I take it BETA is different than demo right?

They'll release a demo right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Peace wrote:
    I take it BETA is different than demo right?

They'll release a demo right?

beta is the stage where they have everything for the game in there, but it's got to be tested all together to make sure it all works right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

though these days public beta's are closer to a pre-release demo, single/small number of levels, just call it a beta so ye can't moan if it doesn't work(that and they can fix[in theory] those problems so it all works by retail release) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

i just heard the invite-beta is out next week, and this is followed up with an open beta later in the month...i'm not sure how reliable this info is but if it is that means we should all get a chance at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭PrivateSmokey

Probley also means ETQW will soon to follow if not before.:p
    Good news is we should have POE2 to keep us content till the Beta is sorted out (if ever debugged knowing EA):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I hope etqw follows soon behind. Its sorta like a poker game now though, each company trying to out bluff the other, which means we as the playing public should win. Hard to see though.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I wonder how long after the closed beta will the warez groups release it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

i have fileplanet subs so ill be playing this when it realised

Advertisement