Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulk Buying

Options
  • 09-08-2006 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

To save money I have decided to bulk buy products once a month.

Products like Washing powder, Nappies, Toilet roll, Beer, etc....

Where should I go to get the best value ?

Does anybody have any more bul buying ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Lidl or Aldi I suppose. Although you don't make huge savings there by buying in bulk. If you manage to get registered as a business or something you can go shop in Musgraves and pay no VAT.

Mmm, bananas
    28248_w.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

cornbb wrote:
    Lidl or Aldi I suppose. Although you don't make huge savings there by buying in bulk. If you manage to get registered as a business or something you can go shop in Musgraves and pay no VAT.

Mmm, bananas
    28248_w.jpg

How do you register as a business ?

Is it legal to register for the purpose of VAT

Does RevCom have to know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

or if you know anyone that has a registered business and jus
    ask them can you use there card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

As far as I am aware you also have to be vat reg to claim back the VAT. One of the stipulations is that you have a turnover of Euro35,000.

however, give it a go and try and get registered with Musgrave. look at the prices before you purchase and compare them with other shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

Musgraves rarely beat Lidl or Aldi so do compare prices.

• Advertisement

Lidll and Aldi might be cheaper but is the stuff any good?? Not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Lidll and Aldi might be cheaper but is the stuff any good?? Not really.

well here's my fav's in LIDL and ALDI ......

..... paper towels ..... pork chops .... turkey joints .... smoked ham and turkey ..... washing up liquid ..... low fat milk .... after shave .... shaving gel .... plastic bags .... tonic water ..... still water .... soada bread .... extra mature cheese .... loads of the monday/thursday hardware specials that are still working years after I purchased them ....

is it any good? ..... sure is !!!! :)

I don know iv just never liked the food there, maby im just odd...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Another way of saving money on food, is too grow potatoes in your garden.:D And eat them day and night.

I know it was off topic, but I can't think of anything else.
    Buying anything in bulks is actually cheaper like anything from Cereals, to tea/coffee etc. More value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

one good way to save money on key items like coffee ... detergents .... shampoo .... tooth paste etc etc is is to keep an eye out for special deals like 50% extra free .... buy one get one free or buy one and get a second one at 1/2 price etc etc ..... buy them in qty at these special prices and save a fortune :)

Buy own brand items ...... an example ..... Tesco's apple sauce is half the price of named brands and it's just as good .....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

Thanks for all the replies

Advertisement