Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpenters cut roof

• 09-08-2006 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi Guys
    how much for a carpenters cut roof on a 2000sq foot house? Got three very different quotes for labour (all i think on the high side)....11K, 15K and 18k so not sure which to choose if any. currently awaiting references for these guys. I am building in cork

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Very difficult Q to answer so many variables especially spec for roof. I would suggest you contact a local QS(Quantity Surveyor) to review your quotes. He/she will not only be up to speed with prevailing rates but will also be able to offer you valuable assistance to determine which quote (if any!) offers best value.

Check all references!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭secman

I paid €10k labour for a cut roof on a 2300 sq ft dormer and a garage, that included putting down a ply floor. Stud work cost €1400. Same guy is quoting €4500 labour to slate the roof. My roof was not a straight forward one it has 3 gable walls and valleys and also has 5 dormer windows.

All in all it will cost say €16k labour for building roofs ,and slating them, and includes ply floor, 5 dormers, i velux (labour ) and 1 canopy over a large bay window.

Cheapest other quotes were €19k for house only (not including garage)

This is in the wexford area by the way.

Advertisement