Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom floor - anything other than tiles?

Options
  • 09-08-2006 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Ready to do up the bathroom but have a difference of opinion with my wife as what to put on floor. I'm happy with tiles, but she reckons they're too cold. I don't want lino again and wood is not an alternative with two small kids flooding the floor every bath time and a teenage daughter virtually camped in the shower. Something that would seal the floor from spillages and not feel cold to the touch. Too tall an order?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

We have studded rubber floor tiles in the ensuite (raised circular areas about 1" in diameter), something similar to those on this site: http://www.polyflor.com/JH/SampleBook.nsf/PHP?Openform&ProdCode=FMIST58&Shade=101&

Looks the biz, I was able to put them down myself with contact adhesive, easily cleaned, completely waterproof and is a lot nicer than lino.

You should be able to source them from any decent flooring supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

denismac wrote:
    Ready to do up the bathroom but have a difference of opinion with my wife as what to put on floor. I'm happy with tiles, but she reckons they're too cold. I don't want lino again and wood is not an alternative with two small kids flooding the floor every bath time and a teenage daughter virtually camped in the shower. Something that would seal the floor from spillages and not feel cold to the touch. Too tall an order?

If price isnt much of an issue you should look into the idea of putting underfloor heating below the tiles - sort out the coldness problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

Cork tiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭cltt97

Not sure if Marmoleum is suitable for bathrooms, but have a look at http://www.forbo-flooring.ie/framework/desktopdefault.aspx?menu_id=753
    I also read about Amtico flooring, so maybe worth looking into that? http://www.amtico.com/Home/UK/Gallery/Bathroom?psvnv=2&psvbr=2&fcpm=psv (There's a search function for retailers and there's loads here)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Hoagy wrote:
    Cork tiles?
    Good idea. They are certainly warm underfoot. Properly installed and sealed there should be no problem with moisture. Have them in the kitchen for years.
    Check out this crowd.

Another possibility is stone carpets.

L.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

We got a bathroom laminat at b+q last year that has the look of tiles or wood or whatever you want. Came in squares, clicked together and looks good. Hasn't been affected by moisture or leaks so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭joemc99

floortex in terenure is great, full rubber flooring sounds like the best option. about €100 a sqr mtr (as far as I can remember). Friend has full Amtico flooring in his house, great stuuf, virtually indestructable! I think floortex do them too. www.floortex.ie

Advertisement