Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

oh I blew such a chance :'-/

• 10-08-2006 3:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Was on a train today going to Belfast, and some security alert happened(you've probably heard of it on the news, bombs or something) in Newry, so we had to change trains, we had to get off in Dundalk and board again in Newry and we were driven from Dundalk to Newry by bus, so when we are standing on a station waiting for a bus, I see this girl, she is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen! I fall in love right there, she is standing, I look at her, she looks at me, our eyes, meet, my heart starts to jump.....I look away.......DAMN! we go by bus, then by train, then by train again, she is sitting alone reading a book,...... I can't get myself to go over and talk to her,.... plus my dad is with me, I feel ultra shy, I think "god kill me now", we arrive to the destination,... I watch as she exits from the building, I eventually go out, she is gone, I'll never see her again :(

I feel so "low"......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,496 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Crapee Diem then? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye but at least u have a romantic view of her being an angel or whatever. for all u know, if u had've gone up to her and got talkin to her, she mighta been a bitch and told you to fook off. btw how do u know she didnt have a boyfriend? she coulda had an STD. gay? haha feel better yet?

btw, i've never encountered STD ridden lesbian bitches. i was jsut saying it to cheer the OP up! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't be too bothered about it OP, you'll find her again if it was meant to happen. Good luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Grem

A chance for what?

You knew nothing about the girl at all. Your eyes met for a few seconds. Seriously - stop thinking about it. Your head is probably working on overdrive thinking of fantasies of what could have happened with this stranger.

Put them out of your head and watch tv to take your mind off it. TV is so beautifully numbing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Next time..... etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

Your eyes met?

Are you both squinty:confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

get a tent and live at that stop for a week, ya might see her again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I know the feeling.
    Best thing to do, is remember this, so next time, you see a girl like this, you won't make the same mistake twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭kelloggs

i think james blunt experienced something like this once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Not to burst your bubble but.... well actually to definitely burst your bubble.....

You saw a girl, she saw you. You thought she was pretty. We have no idea what she thought.

Just because she was alone doesn't mean she was in anyway interested in you or (as someone has already pointed out) your gender.

If you'd talked to her and you'd got on great and you had let her leave without getting her number then it would be a wasted chance. But really - I see loads of pretty girls on the bus/train/Luas/street/whatever who are oftne alone - and if I don't talk to one I don't count it as a wasted chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

CyberGhost, you might find some good answers on the following thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054967783

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

eh have a **** son and get over it! :) maybe you'll see her again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Cyberghost, the only place you blew a chance is in your own head. A chance for what exactly? You know nothing about this girl other than she's hot. That bloody James Blunt has alot to answer for. And he's sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Oh! Each and every one of you ought to be SPANKED PROPERLY!
    The OP obviously has a fair amount of the ROMANTIC in him! There's nothing wrong with that at all!

OP, I do hope you see her again. And next time, give her a winning smile and chat with her.

Hugs,

L4L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

kelloggs wrote:

Ouch, jaysuz that was a sly one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

aidan24326 wrote:
    Cyberghost, the only place you blew a chance is in your own head. A chance for what exactly? You know nothing about this girl other than she's hot. That bloody James Blunt has alot to answer for. And he's sh*t.

Amen.

A chance, as I would have it, is when you are say out for a drink with a lady, exchanging touchy feelies, having a deep and meaningful and getting all the signs that things are going right and will lead to more. Blowing said chance, is fúcking that up for some odd reason (yes, it does happen).

A chance, is not exchanging fleeting glimpses with someone you know nothing about.

OP- reality check time.

K-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I once had the same experience with a TV. This TV was a beauty, apple of mine eye.. I really wanted it, but didn't have the balls to walk into the shop and enquire about it.

The bit of satisfaction I took from it was that I knew that I'd have either that TV (or something very similar) one day, so I got over it.

I hope this has helped :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

connundrum wrote:
    I once had the same experience with a TV. This TV was a beauty, apple of mine eye.. I really wanted it, but didn't have the balls to walk into the shop and enquire about it.

The bit of satisfaction I took from it was that I knew that I'd have either that TV (or something very similar) one day, so I got over it.

I hope this has helped :cool:

Know what you mean, it's best to wait a while till the chance comes back round again, usually by then the "TV" will be a little worn out, a lot cheaper and generally less desirable to anyone else. By this stage you can treat it a little less caringly and not have to worry too much about damaging it. And of course when a better model comes along you can just shove it upstairs and use it as a back-up;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Sorry to bring up this thread,

Just wanted to say thank you to all you guys :)

I don't know what came over me, was like a "one day virus" or something lol

But anyways, for the future, I won't make such a mistake and will approach if I like someone. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

kelloggs wrote:

haha i actually laughed out load when i read that....not just "lol":D

brilliant!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Similarly happened to me in traffic - I saw her. Then my subconcious I guess said "worth another look -<nudge - nudge>". Noticed then she had a lot of make up on. Took another look and thought "a little bit pudgy, but what the hell... must take another look". Then noticed to my disgust - her adam's apple was obvious:eek:

I knew nothing about her and reckon we could till be mates in real life - no problem with people like her.

Point being made is just looking at people and projecting possibilities; without knowing anything about them; is not a good thing. There are abberations in nature giving rise to the possibility she was born with a female psychosexual cortex - but also tiny hands, no adams apple worth speaking about, was (originally) a woman trapped in a man's body...

You now have to confront yourself: If the girl you fancied turned out to have been born male; would you have a problem with this?

I am not questioning your sexuality here (op) ; more the realities of you falling for a women you spot on a train??????

Think a bit about this....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,950 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement