Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How quickly would Navan's rail link get you to Dublin?

Options
  • 10-08-2006 8:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

There is now a flash presentation on the homepage of www.meathontrack.com showing estimated journey times on a reinstated Navan Clonsilla railway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

There is now a flash presentation on the homepage of www.meathontrack.com showing estimated journey times on a reinstated Navan Clonsilla railway.

It would take me 50 mins, very quick indeed!!! Wish they would just hurry up and get working on it:D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

They ahven't even commited to it yet, let alone considered getting working on it....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It would take me 50 mins, very quick indeed!!! Wish they would just hurry up and get working on it:D .

50 minutes :eek: that's **** fast, considering it takes me 45 minutes from bray to get the train into dublin.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Hopefully they will get the Kingscourt line up and running too. I live less than ten minutes from Kingscourt so it wouldn't take much longer than 1 hour 20 minutes to get to Connolly station.

The N3 has become beyond a joke, time wise. Used to take only 50 minutes to get to Blanchardstown (and that is only Blanchardstown), now it takes up to 1 and a half hours. The traffic makes it impossible to pass safely, and you get some cars travelling at 40-50 mph at times holding up all of the traffic. When you add the traffic from Blanchardstown to the city centre, you are looking at up to two hours for less than a 60 mile trip to the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I am reckoning that this Navan to Dublin rail link will not be completed till approx 2030 the way things are going.

And, by then the journey should be at warp speed, so to answer your original question, it will take 13 seconds to get to the city! :D

You can see an actual photo of what the train will look like here...Navan to Dublin Rail Project

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 still learning

another f**k up by the irish government

why not build the line to cavan instead of ten years down the line saying oh **** we should have gone to cavan coz we need it anyway

this si just like still building only double cairrage roads instead of 3 or 4 ways

we need to look at other countrys that have gone before us and learn from their mistakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Navan Junction

Access wrote:
    You can see an actual photo of what the train will look like here...Navan to Dublin Rail Project
    Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Thing is with the govt we have, that could be possible!

Any room on the roof??

They should definitely extend to Cavan, there must be loads of dubs up there now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Navan Junction

sofireland wrote:
    Thing is with the govt we have, that could be possible!
    They put the freight of Tara Mines as a higher priority than the lives spent in traffic of Meath's commuters - you are right, anything is possible.

However, if you look at the past to gauge what course they are likely to choose then doing nothing is the likely option

Advertisement